or Connect

Posts by Zauberer

Just an observation from experience. It hasn't affected my rosy outlook on life.  I try to like every person I meet and manage to find some reason most of the time.  However, dealing with the public at large, and especially in a professional setting is a different matter.  Don't you find incompetence, undeserved, unrealistic self-importance, self-entitlement coupled with an astonishing refusal to accept or take responsibility everywhere you go?  I do.  I expect...
Oh I agree with that.  A person can also glue and sew a rubber chicken to the shoulder of their jacket and call themselves 'Pirate Boy of the Water Cooler Despot Regime.'  People will notice this quickly.  Certain people will notice the alteration to the OTR jacket as well.  But do they care?  Does the wearer care?  Does anyone care what anyone cares?  The answer is a not so surprising 'yes' whether we like it or not and despite the American love of putting up a facade of...
Why wear a tie then?  It's not what's keeping your shirt collar closed.  If no one is going to see your underwear, why not go commando (like I am now).  However, it is easy to spot the difference between a jacket with working buttons and one that's without.  I don't spend a great deal of time scrutiinizing other men's suits, but plenty of details are going to jump out without me ticking through a mental check list like I would when (and this is the important distinction)...
That's the right track.   Advice to the OP:  First of all, don't get married.  Just go to prison instead.  You'll have more freedom, and with the occasional conjugal visit, you'll be equalling the amount of sex you would be getting from your wife after five years anyway.    Second:  As duggyald was alluding to, the wedding is all about the bride.  This is not unfortunate. Let her plan all that tedious stuff. It's her day, not yours.  The only thing you need to object to...