or Connect

Posts by Zauberer

Does that include the clown????   Seriously though if a hat matters all that much, it's not a party.  You're simply going to have to call it something else.  How about this instead:   "There's always that one guy wearing a hat at a stuffy gathering of uptight goobers who couldn't unwind the knot their asses with a crowbar. ..leave immediately and go find a party."   That'll do it.  :)
Nah, even the stuffiest "rules" found in dusty old tomes of etiquette hell have it that you can wear a hat in the common areas of a building.  If I'm wearing a hat and/or coat, I'm wearing them all the way till I'm ready to start working.  The German word 'to wear' is "tragen."  It's also their word for 'carry' which is wise.  I'm not carrying anything I can reasonably wear.  Have you ever considered ninjas may attack while you've got your arms loaded?  I have, my...
The Turks make excellent goat cheese and yogurt, as you're no doubt aware, but I don't think that requires as much attention to detail as they like to believe. 
Say this:  "Then may I see your selection of fabrics which the entire wool-having planet with the exception of your fine, knowledgeable self refers to as 100% worsted wool?"  The important thing is whether or not he can make a decent garment.  If not, it doesn't matter how he says tomato or....domate.    Because I despise my ex-sister-in-law, I was in one of those comic book karate stores looking for ninja stars for my nephew that he would undoubtedly eventually...
Go ahead and get the hacking pockets.  I don't care for them, but it's a subjective thing and works with your fabric especially if you have a 'country' thing in mind for the jacket.   A "proposed ban" isn't the stupidest thing I've ever heard, but it's keeping fair company with it.    If I'm going to make any recommendation to you it would be to dump the idea of a ticket pocket with hacking pockets on your country style jacket.  What do you have tickets to that...
$300 MTM at the House of Bespoke.  Come on down!  We're blowing out all of our bespoke!  Thousands of items.....of bespoke.  It would make a great commercial, wouldn't it?  Super Bowl quality hilarity.    The last time I was on a road trip, I was starving and it was the wee hours of the morning..  I got this egg muffin type thing from a gas station.  There was nothing else open for 10,000 miles. The muffin didn't kill me.  Actually it wasn't too bad at all.  It...
To me, half of what makes a good tie is the quality of material and how it's made..  You can see that from across the table, but not in those pics, so there is only color, apparent texture and pattern.  With that you're still at the mercy of my computer monitor.  Naturally, I'm only going to judge them as to whether or not I would want them, not whether you should.   Top photo:  I agree with those who said the reds are too bright or whatever.  I do lilke pink ties,...
Good God, if it was a problem every time my girlfriend didn't know what the hell she was talking about, I'd be sailing nothing but stormy seas. As it is, things are mostly alright.   What the OP's girlfriend is recommending isn't really black tie.  If 'most people' are dressing like what she wants, then the OP and his gf aren't attending real black tie functions.  So don't worry about it. Leave the tux and all in the closet.   Wear a navy solid suit (with some mohair...
Taking a cue from the Japanese has it's ups and downs, and I'm not talking about the ubiquitous 3-button, crooked-cut black suits.  My boss didn't seem to mind my sumptuous dragonfly kimono, handsome straw rain cape and tall wooden samurai mud clogs, but immediately balked at my katana & wakizashi swords.  Then again he's a sartorial idiot who coudln't accessorize his way out of a Mongolian yurt.    I should have first softened him up with a tweed double breasted...
Everyone has an overinflated sense of self-importance to a degreee.  Everyone. Are you casting stones, Willin?  Shame on you.    That small blurb which you emboldened is not only surrounded by an entire paragraph of context but, as you're aware,  related contextually to yet another post.  Do you deny that every organization, institution, bureaucracy, business and whathaveyou else is riddled with the incompetent?  Do you go through your day breezily like some character...