or Connect

Posts by yfactor

Thanks a lot for the input everyone. Much appreciated.   I think I will go with a tuxe!
The wedding ceremony is at 4:30pm, and the reception is immediately afterwards. So the whole event is late afternoon until circa midnight   The reception will be semi-outdoors, not sure if that makes a tuxedo is less appropriate?
  I have black hair and darker toned skin :)    Thanks for the tip though, I hadn't really considered other colours. And thanks for the article, very useful!       Thanks, it will be an evening affair, but I'll give some thought towards grey and navy's!
Thanks a lot for the feedback!   I'd rather get a black suit because I know I'll get more use out of it in the future, whereas a tux I might only use a handful of times.   Definitely don't want to look like I'm trying to fake a tux or that I don't know how to wear a suit.   Looks like I'll have to reconsider my options.
Thanks for the feedback guys!   I figure I'm only going to wear a tuxedo a handful of times in my life, whereas a nice black suit is quite versatile.   Definitely don't want to look like I don't know how to wear a tux, or that I'm trying to fake a tux.
I was wondering what people's opinions were about wearing black patent leather shoes with a normal black suit to a wedding (I'm the groom!)? Will it look funny?   I am planning to go with a white wing tip shirt and black bow tie as well.   Thanks in advance for your feedback!
I am ... or something from the Barker Professional range, but I'm starting to think I need to increase my budget   The conscious here seems to be that anything from Loake that isn't from the 1880 range is not worth it... Do you have any recommendations?
Thanks for the feedback Mr Engineer. I was about to get the Testonis but looks like I might head down the English shoe path
Hi   I'm interested in buying a pair of oxfords from the Barker Professional range. (http://www.pediwear.co.uk/barker/products/4440.php)   Before I do, I thought I'd just check if any has any experience with this shoe/brand/range?   Is there a better brand I should look in this price range?   Thanks!
Hi   I'm in the market for a new pair of black oxfords for a series of weddings I've got coming up.   I found these on Blue Fly and they look like a good shoe, with relatively simple styling. However, I must admit I don't know much about the quality of A. Testoni shoes.    http://www.bluefly.com/A-Testoni-black-leather-cap-toe-casual-oxfords/p/319546401/detail.fly   Does anyone have any thoughts/experiences to share?   Alternatively, does anyone have...