or Connect

Posts by bdud

Goal: I'm looking for some well-fitting entry level selvedge - one mid-weight indigo and one light-weight gray/black - but I feel like a top-heavy freak trying on Uniqlo's MIJ, even in Regular Fit. Please help me find the perfect pair! If entry level is out of the question, I'll pay whatever it takes to make this work, but it's my first real pair of denim so I'd prefer to screw up with a less expensive pair. Please note that I live in NYC, so I can go window shopping if...
These are the soles of my brand new Wolverine 1000 Miles after 1 application of lexol conditioner, sitting 1 day, another application of lexol conditioner, sitting a few days, an application of filson boot oil, sitting a few days, and then a careful but heavy application of Obenhauf Heavy Duty LP and a hair dryer on "warm" and moving constantly ... strictly following Crane's guide ... then only 2 days spent walking on moist pavement in NYC (carefully wiping the boots...
What's the accepted practice on the matching of leather browns in streetwear?   I have "brown" wolverine 1000 mile boots and frequently carry a "chestnut" saddleback leather briefcase. I want to get this "brandy" cordovan watch strap and this "cognac" leather belt. Am I going to look silly, or are these browns close enough for non-formal street use? 
I just finally went by Uniqlo Soho to try on their Made in Japan stuff. A few extreme newbie questions:   When I see people refer to S001 and S002, is that referring to Made in Japan Slim Fit and Regular Fit respectively, as branded in the store? The S would be for Selvedge? The regular fit 31 waist fit perfectly in the changing room. Does that mean I should size down to a 30 waist? The slim fit 32 waist was a bit tight at the thighs and waist, but close....