or Connect

Posts by TheSizzle

I believe there's an antiquated Texas law that makes it illegal to tuck your pants into your boots unless you own at least ten head of cattle.
  For a while, I thought leather soles were fine for winter, and I still wear them, but I try to only wear them on dry winter days.  What changed my mind? I was walking into the Cheesecake Factory (I'm classy like that) from the parking lot, in the pouring rain, and I came unreasonably close to busting my tail bone on the tile floor.
 That's great to hear. I don't know if it came up in the discussion, but did you consider asking them to not put a tab at all, to prevent it from happening again?
 Then again, if he just set them ablaze, as he should, they'd probably char to a nice black color...
Given that you paid approximately 25USD for them, I wouldn't expect too much. I don't mean any offense, but that price doesn't buy much quality or durability. They worked for you for that night, and a marker could make them appear black again, but I bet the same thing happens again. 
 I've had that issue with new boots (just above the ankle though). After a couple days, it went away. I've never felt it in shoes, but it doesn't sound like an issue. Now, I would recommend not putting too much padding there, for fear of making the shoe mold to a foot larger than your own.
 Google image search... it's your friend.  [[SPOILER]]
That's true, but at this point, I don't even think I want them, blasphemous as that sounds.
Well, how about that...I guess I never put it in my cart to check. If I needed white suede Indy boots, I'd be happy, but that's pretty much all they have in my size.
 If their prices weren't 40-50% higher than domestic ones, that might be a good deal, but, like you said, they only come close to US pricing when the discount is factored in. Edit: It's not even a discount. They just remove the VAT from your purchase, which is standard.