or Connect

Posts by TheSizzle

You could try these. They're a little bit narrower and noticeably thicker. They don't really have a dark brown, but they have some options, and the pictures on the site are pretty true to the actual colors. I recommended them in the Alden thread, and I think they would fulfill your wishes. http://www.amazon.com/Strong-Flat-Shoe-Laces-Black/dp/B007BCUI8Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1387376380&sr=8-1
 That's a pretty good haul. I'm still waiting for the second one I ordered (on 11/29) to ship.
Better on your shoes than on your head.
 Actually, that's my bedroom. Yes, I have a fireplace in my bedroom, and yes, I'm sitting on the edge of the bed. Thank you though.
 It's only noon, and it's not yet Wednesday, but it's never too early for some Whiskey.
 I'm really glad they worked out for you. I've used both of the ones I mentioned to you, and I'm glad you found the TZ laces worth the price. Only upon receiving them can someone truly appreciate their heft. If you're wondering how the cream colored ones from the other source I mentioned (ShoeLaceExpress), they look like this. 
Coating them with LP does seem to bring a slight bit of finish from the upper onto the shoes, but it seems to stabilize quite soon. I believe it's difficult to address the issue of the stitching without moderately affecting the finish in that region. You could try gently brushing them with highly diluted dish soap and a soft bristled toothbrush, but I would condition the leather after to make sure no soap was left to affect the leather. I don't think any harm should come...
 The problem I see is that adding an insole does not compensate for length. If there were some way to get a boot that was only taller, to accommodate the insole without extending the heel-ball distance, I could see it being a reasonable concept. As it stands, I think it's a troubled concept, and I don't think it would be reasonable to adjust width either. In the end, the insole also raises your heel beyond the expected height, as dictated by the cup. Combine a larger shoe...
 Well, post some pictures when you get a chance.
Corter Winter Grab Bag: -Ordered: 11/26 -Shipped: 12/12 -Received: 12/16