or Connect

Posts by TheSizzle

True... for chromexcel, this would be normal... but he said 405s, and they don't look like J.Crew 405s. So, they would be calf. Calf doesn't normally crease or wrinkle in the same manner. Personally, it wouldn't bother me, but it's not typical of any calf Alden's I've ever owned.
  They're still on the LeatherSoul website. http://leathersoul.com/2012/12/14/alden-shoe-8-pitt-boot-lsw/
Apparently, this person died 60+ years before being born.That post would be so much better with some proofreading and citation...
 Congratulations. That was my first choice too, and I've been hooked since day one.
Do you have a picture of the stain? What kind of oil/grease is it?
What material is that? Reverse tobacco chamois?
 They will shrink, both in the waist and in length, and that holds true whether you just rinse them in cold water and air dry or dry them in the dryer (the latter will just be more drastic). If you hang the pants by the cuff when you air dry, it would shrink less, but if you plan on hemming and ever washing, you should take that into consideration. Either leave them an inch or so long to enjoy the nice raw denim look for a bit... or wash first. 
Thanks. They're still chocolatey in tone, so I need to find a good lace color.
So, I took my older 403s and tossed a thin coat of black dye on them to black out the stitching and freshen them up. I'm not sure if before or after is better...
 Thanks! I ordered them from the Alden Shop in SF.  Now, something different... I've ordered indy boots from them before, which came with regular heel pads, but these have a special print on them for the San Francisco shop.