or Connect

Posts by Makoreaction

So I finally, after months of sizing speculation and returning sizes that were too large, got my 32 classic bedale. It fits perfectly (though my mind is still boggled by the fact that many people shorter than me (5'11") order 38's and 40's and complain that the sleeves are too short). As I've never owned a wax jacket before, I was wondering if there is any sort of protocol when it comes to storing your jacket during the off-season, as I can't imagine I'll be wearing it...
If your jacket was purchased new relatively recently, the easiest way to determine whether it is olive or sage is to look at the lining. Also worth noting is that the sage has a stiff, sleek, shiny look, whereas the olive fabric is less stiff, more textured, and has a matte finish.   This = Olive:       And this = Sage:     As I said in my last post in though, some of the older Barbour jackets do not adhere to this. As for currently produced...
  Yes, it is true that brand new, the olive color is dark. But there are only two types of green that this jacket comes in, olive and sage. And it is most certainly not sage. See this picture of sage (it's a deep forest, almost blue-ish green, unlike the olive):       I think what you are seeing is terms of color variation is a product of age and wear. The olive sykoil color is the one that tends to change over time, not sage. See this picture of an especially worn...
Almost positive it is a beaufort (see the rear pockets to the left of his hand, bedale doesn't have that). It is definitely in classic sylkoil olive, any color variation is probably from age + wear.
You're right. I don't know about the ashby, but living in Japan I could only find the bedale SL, so I emailed barbour directly about the difference between the regular and SL bedale, and the measurements they gave me were exactly the same as what country attire lists. This would lead me to trust the country attire measurements, but I haven't inquired about the ashby so who knows. In any case, I feel barbour makes sizing unnecessarily complicated.
countryattire.com
  Must be the shoulders thing. I can see no other explanation. The sleeves on the 34 hung almost an inch over the fleshy part at the base of my hand.    I'm still confused about the ashby though. Measurement-wise, the XS through XXL of the ashby is basically the same as the regular bedale size 34 through 44, only difference being that the ashby sleeves are a bit shorter, and in many cases the chest and length is actually greater than the bedale. I just don't see how they...
Does anyone have an explanation for why Barbour does not use chest measurements for the ashby, instead opting for S M L etc.? This is madding. I am just under 5'11" and 135 lbs and I ordered a 34 bedale and it was too large, and too long, even in the sleeves. My actual chest is about 33" and I have a 32 coming now. The thing is, I hear people on here who are a couple inches shorter than me complaining that the sleeve are too short on size 38's and 40's. I don't have...
$80 including shipping   - Brand new, never worn. Bought as a gift and sat in a closet untouched (No smoke or pets). - Extremely high quality item no longer made by Modern Amusement. - 70% Wool 30% Polyester - Silky smooth lavender colored lining - All metal fittings. - Dry clean only   Measurements   Chest (Pit-to-pit): 19.75" Front Length (Top collar to bottom): 22.25" Sleeve Length (Pit to cuff): 19" Sleeve Length (Shoulder seam to cuff):...
I have size 34 sylkoil Barbour Bedale in Olive, never worn, in original packaging with all tags, etc. I will also include a Barbour scarf, also brand new in original packaging. Price includes shipping. Photos are stock because I don't want to remove the brand new items from their packaging.