or Connect

Posts by chocobo

That new Evans boot is going to sell very well. Looks like the basic 1000 Mile with a rubber sole already attached, which is something a lot of people do with their 1ks anyway.   The navy version though, I don't know about that...
I just got a pair of IRs from the Nordstrom sale. They look great, the quality is excellent as you'd expect... heel area fits perfect, good amount of toe room, instep fits very well, all of the signs of a perfect fit, except that the sole is super narrow in the center, just above the heel.   Is this not a problem for other people? Look at how narrow it is in the center, just above the heel. http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81Pe6pqEkLL._UL1500_.jpg   I don't have...
 The color's really a matter of preference. The rust color is lighter and I would consider it to have more of a different look to it, despite the fact that rust is reddish and so is No.8.  But both brown and No.8 are very deep and dark colors, especially at first glance, so I'd say they're a bit more similar looking. But like I said, it's preference. I personally just happen to like the standard dark brown more than the slightly more casual rust color, so I went with brown...
 Really hard to say without trying them on. I'd say the odds are above 50% that 8.5D would work for you, but this boot is definitely one that should be tried on before buying.
 Yes those were new. That isn't a crease mark, it's uneven leather. Again, not a gigantic flaw, but if I was OK with flaws I would have bought a pair of seconds for a lot less money. I ended up shipping those back and just buying from Nordstrom (the ones I got there were perfect and I'm really happy with them), I think this is the last time I'll try to save money by shopping for shoes online, literally about 3/4 of the time there's a problem with the product or the sizing...
I'm a pretty frugal (cheap) person and it took a long time before I could convince myself these boots are worth it... but I finally did it, finally went ahead and pulled the trigger on an online order last week...     dammit... I don't know why I thought I'd be lucky enough to avoid Wolverine's QC problems. Not that these are ruined or anything, but I spent the extra money because I wanted nice new ones, I could have saved $80 and bought a pair of seconds that looked...
 I've been shopping for 1000 Miles and have been considering the same thing, I saw that same listing. That's a decent enough sale price compared to previous online deals... but I can't pull the trigger yet, because it's eBay and not a retail store. I've heard of seconds being passed off as firsts being common on eBay, and you just can't put the same trust in an eBay seller than you can in a retail store with a reputation to protect. I'm hoping another sale comes along...
Sorry to ask a question that has probably been asked repeatedly, but I haven't been able to find the answer...   if I have a Vibram sole added to my new 1000 Miles, is it better to do it when the boots are new? or is it better to wear them for a while and have it added later?
 It's WINTERWELCOME, but the 1000 Miles have been sold out since shortly after the sale began. I was lucky enough to get in on the sale and bought a pair, size 9.5 in Rust. I was really hoping to be able to get a pair of 1000 Miles in Brown though... rust is nice, but I just like the standard, dressier (imho) look of the classic dark brown. Any suggestions how the best way to turn this rust pair into a brown pair? (no, "walk in some mud" is not what I'm looking for.) Are...
 While I expect this is generally good advice, it wasn't the case for me - a full size down still had more than enough room. But your point is still valid, getting a pair too small is a problem that you can't fix... I just happen to be an exception in that 1 size down wasn't too small.