or Connect

Posts by chocobo

While I expect this is generally good advice, it wasn't the case for me - a full size down still had more than enough room. But your point is still valid, getting a pair too small is a problem that you can't fix... I just happen to be an exception in that 1 size down wasn't too small.
Thanks! All of that information is really useful.
I'm a pretty frugal person but I've finally been convinced that these are worth the money, so I'm planning to buy a pair. I could use some advice about what size to get.   I got measured with a brannock device which said 10.5, which is the same size as my sneakers. This was all sorts of wrong, it was way too loose. Considering how far off it was, I asked to try on a pair in 9.5 (same size as my CDBs, which are a snug fit btw). This size felt OK... there was still tons of...
 Definitely nothing wrong with the rust, that and brown will go with anything while I'm not so sure about cordovan... hoping someone more knowledgeable can offer some advice on that topic. I like the dark brown a little better than rust myself, it seems (to me at least) the brown is a little dressier looking while the lighter rust color might be more casual. I'm looking for a slightly dressier appearance, with the brown or cordovan. Very true about the colors. On...
I've decided to stop being so cheap and finally buy a pair of 1000 Miles. I like the look of the cordovan no.8 color... but I'm not sure how versatile it is, I could use some advice.   It looks great with dark jeans, but I'm beginning to think it's not quite as compatible with other pants. Probably 2/3 of the time or more, I'm wearing Dockers D1 or Alphas, the rest of the time jeans. I'm not so sure about khakis with the reddish cordovan boots, the more I think about it....
I'm trying to decide whether to get a pair of Wolverine 1000 Mile boots, I don't own any real boots and I've been wanting to get a nice pair. The often recommended 1000 Miles look great, but I would prefer something just a little less casual and less rugged looking. I'll be wearing them because I like the looks, and not because I'm in need of a tough and durable work boot (though of course quality is never a bad thing).   Anyone have any recommendations? The guides I've...
I'm trying to decide whether to get a pair of Wolverine 1000 Mile boots, I don't own any real boots and I've been wanting to get a nice pair. The often recommended 1000 Miles look great, but I would prefer something just a little less casual and less rugged looking. I'll be wearing them because I like the looks, and not because I'm in need of a tough and durable work boot (though of course quality is never a bad thing).   Anyone have any recommendations? The guides I've...
 1000 Miles are not shell cordovan, including the "cordovan" colored ones. They are all Horween Chromexcel leather, not pricey shell cordovan. edit: I am referring only to the standard "1000 Mile" and not the many variations of it, which can use other leather
Thinking about buying a pair... just curious, why are the vast majority of photos in this thread of the Brown or Rust colored ones, but very few Cordovan? Is it that most people just prefer the standard brown colors, or does the reddish Cordovan stand out too much as a "look at me" type of item? I kind of like the cordovan color, but I like to dress conservatively and not grab attention, but still look nice. Seeing so few people go for that color makes me wonder if it'll...