or Connect

Posts by odee911

You hit it on the nail cooper, my biggest concern was the original flex that the eames lounge chair has.  This may seem small but this part seems to be the heart and engine of the Eames Lounge Chair.  WIthout the proper shock mount you may as well get any other lounge chair.  This is the main reason I myself choose Rove Concepts they were the only guys over the phone able to explain to me clearly about the flex and shock mounts used.  During my research most of the cheaper...
Hey Brittany good to see you finally getting that chair out of the box.  I agree the leather is just second to none, feels and smells amazing. I didn't even know they made leather that supple and soft.  I wasn't able to get pics to you as I'm traveling overseas right now.   Taking the cushion off is easy, there are 3 hooks and a button just like the herman miller version just lift the bottom of the cushion outwards and pull up. voila cushion comes right off, putting...
The Rove Concepts one lookts pretty much exactly like the one on the right.  The leather even patinas beautifully.  I'll post up pics soon! 
$200 for the upgrade, they took the old one back.  Was a easy process for me since I live like 10 minutes from their showroom. Yes I have the new one right now, I couldn't wait and took time off work to do the exchange.   Cheers!
Yes I have,   Dont get me wrong the one I purchased before was perfectly fine.  The new one is just a tad more plush and the new Siena Black pretty much sold me.  It is damn buttery!.  Also the finished veneer on the inside was a nice touch.  What is pretty funny is the Herman Miller version does not come veneer'd on the inside.  I think most of the cost upgrade went to the leathers, they really do have a beautiful line of gorgeous leathers that are usually never...
Wrong, the chair is not junk.  I have one and it looks and sits beautifully.  Infact their leather is above and beyond the base leather that you get from the herman miller base model.  Mind you I have compared both side by side.
    Wow I just checked out soma classics, and just looking at the pictures you can tell this is a very bad reproduction.  Sorry for the hassle you had,  I have seen those pictures before from somaclassics from another website, a retailer use to sell this exact chair here in Vancouver and also another site called Kardiel.  This is definitely a mass reproduced chair when someone can afford to ship it to you 4 times plus free shipping... that is a huge red flag for me.  I...
Hey Skeety   Yes, all their cushions are fully removable, the way their cushion attaches to the veneer is exactly the same as the Herman Miller version.  They showed me this in person, and I was able to also see the real thing 5 blocks down the road.  Its essentially 3 hooks with a button that clicks in.  The seat and ottoman cushions are exact dimensions and are interchangeable as well.   The rubber shock mounts that they use are the same as the Herman Miller, when you...
Doing some research, seems there are some solid companies doing reproductions these days.  I'm compiling a few companies right now that i'm very interested in purchasing.  I have visited some of their showrooms and they have it side by side with the originals the quality these days for reproductions really amazes me.  I found a thread here with someone also very happy with their chair form RoveConcepts, I just came back from their show room and am seeing if there are...
 i was looking into some information for a Eames Lounge chair, the highest quality ones.  I found 2 companies in particular with what seems to be the best materials and claimed craftsmanship.  Has anyone heard of these guys ?   RoveConcepts, they are from Canada and IconicInteriors from UK.  I'm leaning towards RoveConcepts, mostly for the fact its much easier to ship.