or Connect

Posts by IronRinn

My tee arrived in the mail yesterday. First purchase from WvG.   Holy shit, it's amazing
Lookin' good. Took mine out today as well. Hooray for cold weather!
 I'm just going to jump in here and reiterate my previous advice in regards to VT: Don't go by their measurements. Only buy a peacoat based on the labeled size. If it doesn't have a label, do not buy it. You can try to send Peacoat's measuring guide, but having done that, I'm fairly certain they just ignore it.
I'll let someone more knowledgeable advise you on the rest of your questions but as far as VT and measurements go, I'll say this: I would not bother trying to get them to measure a coat. Read Peacoat's guide, pick the size that should fit your measurements and then make sure the coat you buy is of the year you desire and has the desired size marked on the original label. 99.99% of the time the measurements will be on the money. You may end up like me and get, say, a size...
Received my newest peacoat from VT. The good: Fit. I'm glad I went with a 38. Measures 20.5" p2p and fits great. The bad: Not quite as "mint" as they described. Specifically, there a pretty obvious stains on the end of the left sleeve. The wool there is discolored and indented and I'm not sure a dry cleaning is going to get it out. I tried to get a good photo of it:     There are some other issues as well. There are definitely a few rough spots on the rest of...
Order a pair of the 1Ks off of Repertoire last week and they came in today. Ordered the same size as my Iron Rangers (8.5) but these feel a little tight on the sides and top, at the start of my instep, right behind my toes. Does anyone know how much additional length a 9 is going to add? I figure a half size should give me the width I need.
Has anyone had any experience with removing insignia from one of these coats? I'm thinking that after 50+ years you would have an outline on the arm from where the patch used to be, but I just want to be sure.
This seems the most likely situation, unfortunately.Yeah, in the last email the guy even checked to make sure we were on the same page, as he put it so I once again cut and pasted the measuring section of your article. I think I'm just going to get another 38 because there is no way in hell I'll be able to squeeze into a 36.
Well, VT got back to me saying the 36 measured 20" pit to pit. Shocking, I know. I'm really hesitant to take it. This is the fifth coat they've measured for me and I just can't believe that all of the 38s have measured like the 40 I have. It's also strange that they keep coming back to me with with measurements that are right on the line. It's almost as if they rounding them off. I'm glad they've been willing to measure them for me, but it's also proven rather frustrating.
Yeah, I linked your article and quoted the measuring instructions. They haven't come back to me with a measurement on the 36 yet, but I'm pretty damn sure they're going to tell me it's 20".