or Connect

Posts by onehotchili

ok.... for someone who lives in Tahoe, but travels to SF and Orange County for work at least 1-2 times a month... I see lots of Epaulet gear in my future (once I get measured up).  Can't wait!!
@Epaulet  -  I was interested in the Vittorio Sportcoat.... the Loro Piana 4-Season Navy Pique (http://epauletnewyork.com/collections/suiting/products/vittorio-sportcoat-loro-piana-4-season-navy-pique)... I am looking for a general "go to" SC and would mostly use when I travel.  Just curious how durable it is?  I am doing 2-3 plane trips a month.  I am pretty good with my clothing, but I would be carrying a brief case with shoulder strap, sometimes taking the coat off,...
picked this up last week and been breaking it in this weekend skiing in Tahoe and watching my daughter race in the rain.  i know some folks don't care for this particular Patek, but i really enjoy how understated and comfortable it is.  for my active lifestyle, it is just about perfect.  i did sell a couple of Rolexes to make it happen.... but i am pretty content for awhile being a 1 watch guy with this one as my daily.  although i can definitely see far down the road of...
I also have very slim wrists, but the cuffs on my most recent off the rack shirts were so tight... they were literally "deal breakers" for me.  I ended up clearing out a bunch of TS shirts and been going with custom shirts since then....
Mike -  I am in the market for a good "workhorse" casual navy blazer.  I've had my eye on the LBM Vittorio Navy Loro Piana ($895) for awhile.... and now I see there is another LBM Vittorio Navy Loro Piana Navy Pique ($995) available.  It sounds like this new one is a "Bright Navy" color?!?     Anyhow, just trying to understand the differences between them and any recommendations on which might be a better choice for airline travel, business casual etc.    Thx!
  Well, last night the wife and I went out for sushi on a date night.... I mentioned the my zeroing in on a new watch with a Patek at the top of the list.  She basically gave me the go ahead on either watch.... and then said what about a new Rolex for her :).  I've been eyeing one of the Blue Dial 114300 OP that were released at Baselworld last year for her.  Looks like I'll be picking up one of those to keep her happy.   I think she is just relieved I don't want to use...
Argh... you are not helping me with that link!  Nautilus vs Aquanaut?!?   Btw, you are correct in this being a first world problem.  I think in the end, my wife would be much happier if I got the Aquanaut and increased our donations to some of the charities we support.  We'll see....
All, Thanks for the great input.  I've always been inclined towards the Nautilus and had been planning on it.  However the Aquanaut has been growing on me.... and for my active lifestyle, the tropical rubber strap is a big selling point.  While I like bracelets on watches, something about rubber sport straps "click" more with me.  Maybe that was because I had a decent rotation of Swatches in high school and a Timex Ironman for running :) Anyhow, I have a business deal...
Just curious if there are any Patek 5167A Aquanaut owners out there?   Been thinking about scratching my itch for one of these pieces.....
Up for sale is a beautiful vintage 1970 Rolex Submariner 5513 with feet first serif dial. The case is in excellent condition with nice lugs with light wear that has previously been polished. Serial #: 2,9XX,XXX.Caseback is stamped IV .70. The bezel insert has faded to a light blue/gray hue and really completes the look of the watch. The luminova bezel pearl still glows. Dial: Excellent serif matte dial with the tritium turning a creamy color with matching creamy tritium...