or Connect

Posts by McQ7

Thanks, BootSpell and Watchman1.  I don't mind creases, but I would not be feeling too good if I made a mistake in sizing a shoe that cost this much!  It's my first high-quality pair so I'm just nervous about getting it right.  I truly appreciate knowing about others' experiences--it really helps with the confidence, honestly!
Thanks.  Yeah, the more I dig around the more it seems like the Alden JCrew cordovan cap toe boots are half and half with TTS vs size down 1/2.  Most of the comments I've seen about going TTS have to do with width only.  In other words, if you can size down and the width is still good, then you'll perceive it to fit like every other Barrie last.   Just saw your previous post--thank you for confirming about the length of the PCT compared to other Barrie boots!  I somehow...
Thanks for the welcome! Mdubs, I had read on this thread that the JCrew model is a more narrow Barrie than standard Alden, so that's why the 8.5 (my Brannock and what I wear in J&M shoes) and the 8, as well. Pics are coming, but I'm really nervous about the correct sizing with these. With the price, I don't want to blow it. The 8 feels really good, not too narrow...just about perfect width. And the arch feels like and appears to match my foot. However, I can tell that my...
My first pair of Aldens await me at home this evening!     Hi all-   I realize I jumped into this thread a few pages back about sizing and I never properly introduced myself.  For that, I apologize.  I joined up here years ago when I was seeking a peacoat (vintage wwii era from ebay didn't fit, BR one fit like a glove and went with that, still going strong).  Then, I lurked every now and then, until recently when I ended up finding out how great Aldens are and how many...
Wow--every pic of a boot on the Grant last has really impressed me.  The cigar cordovan is a beautiful color.  And the antique edging, too.  Fantastic details on that one!!
Thanks for the info! So do people typically size down in the Barrie only because of width? Or does the Barrie run a bit longer, as well? Ideally one would want to keep the heel to ball in the right place on the widest part of the shoe. That worked for me on the AE Strand 5 last, and for the Alden Leydon last, both in 8.5.
Hey all, I've been checking out the JCrew Alden PCT boots, and reading up on sizing.  The general consensus is that they run slightly more narrow than typical Barrie lasted boots.  Is there a consensus about the length being shorter, as well?  I'm a Brannock 8.5 legth, almost D width.  AE Strands in 8.5D fit like a glove, and an Alden suede chukka Leydon last in 8.5D was really comfortable.  So I'm thinking that since the Barrie is a wider last anyway, going down half a...
Hey all--fantastic thread here!  I've been sifting through all the sizing info about the RUI last, and I thought these measurements that Meermin sent me this morning might be useful to everybody.  I'm trying to decide between a 7 UK and a 7.5 UK.  My foot length measures 260 mm, and foot width measures 92 mm.  I wear 8.5 US in every Johnston and Murphy shoe I've owned, and an 8 US in Converse All Stars, 9 US in Nike sneakers.  I've read here that people with low foot...
Well, I just got my 1940s/early 50s peacoat in the mail, size 38 on the label, and it is in amazing shape!!  No stains, no tears, no visible worn spots, excellent.  Now for the not so good news--it is just slightly too large.  The chest is great, but the arms are too long and the shoulders are too wide, and the overall length is just a bit too long.  So yeah, once again I can confirm that I am, indeed, a 38 short, haha.   The measurements are:   20.5 p2p 25 arm...
  Thanks for the input!  My chest measures 39 and some change, but I've never been able to wear any jacket in a size 40. Ah, yes, that makes sense about the p2p.  Depends on where the manufacturer places the seams, so one measures fabric edge to fabric edge.  When I do that with the Banana peacoat, it measures almost 21," so this makes me think I should probably look for a size 38, especially if I am getting a 10 button WWII version.