or Connect

Posts by YRR92

Those pants on the bottom look off to begin with.   But there's no way to taper a pleat into that skinny a leg without looking like a carrot.   Why not just buy skinny pants?
I wasn't agreeing with you, and then I saw how uniform the defense for suede was, and now I reckon you have a point. There do seem to be folks on the internet who default to suede with town suits, which, while not necessarily incoherent, is perhaps too much of a good thing. Not that it'll affect what I wear much, really.
I can't imagine that feeling. I like the gren with the brown and light blue, or the last one. The shantung is nice, but if you're somehow going to get by with fewer than four navy striped ties, then a summer-only one doesn't make sense. I just don't love the next to last one.
Partying. I know, the jacket is too long.
Hey, y'all. Wondering if anybody can help me authenticate these LV ties. They're pretty standard 3-folds, and the lining isn't very nice – but I'm guessin' LV isn't playing to impress me.     If this is the wrong place, or whatever, I'll fix it. And a thrift fit:   (The shirt ain't thrifted, and the saddle shoes I wore it with were from a discount store, but the patch madras and the orange tab Levis 517s were thrifted).
Probably not English, because of the sole edges. On English shoes (generally made with a process called a "goodyear welt"), there is a welt that extends from the shoe (the top of the sole edge), to which the actual sole is stitched. Those shoes appear to be made with a blake-construction (the sole is attached directly to the inside of the shoe, meaning the edge can be trimmed that close), or they've been glued together.   English shoemakers rarely make shoes in blake...
@sebastian mcfox   I dig the green with the light blues there. I'm a little inspired, I think.   @GMMcL   That's excellent, even by your standards. All the slightly bold details balance each other out beautifully. Very coherent.
I could use some desert boots, size 8.5D.   Thanks, y'all.
Noodles, please take this in a spirit of gentle humor, but you got conned twice today.   But seriously, if that's not an orphaned suit jacket, it surely looks like one. You could wear DB well, but I don't like how low that button stance is on you. Probably not worth getting the sleeves altered. But you can re-donate, and do even more good.
You will murder your groomsmen, or at least make them want to murder you, if you make them wear tweed suits and it's over 65F.   @Derock   I haven't seen either suit, so I couldn't tell you if it's close enough. Snap a picture of the suit you have, and send it to the groom.