Posts by shades9323

For me too!
Posted this in the 1000 mile review thread but this thread gets more traffic and many of you have the 1000 mile boots. Looking for sizing advice: What size should I look at for these. I have some AE dress shoes 8e(Neumok,McTavish) and 8.5(Strandmok) in the 65 last and some 8.5d Justin bent rail cowboy boots.
What size should I look at for these. I have some AE dress shoes 8e and 8.5e in the 65 last and some 8.5d Justin bent rail cowboy boots.
 Good info. Would a 1-1.8mm addition to the bottom of the sole really degrade the look and lines of the shoe? I wouldn't think you would be able to see it, especially with the black edge?   Not concerned about a recraft on these shoes as a recraft will cost the same amount as the shoes did and I'm sure it would take a good long while for that need to arise. Thanks for reminding me of B. Nelson, I was trying to remember the name earlier but couldn't. Even if I don't put the...
Where did it come from? Oxblood McGregor just showed up on the bank. Thought those were long gone? I've been looking for a shoe with a rubber sole. Thoughts on picking these up and having a local cobbler put on some half soles? And would the fit be similar to the Strandmoks I just bought?
  Good suggestion, but I have an older pair of black Forsheim cap toes for if something comes up. I didn't list them because they don't get regular wear. I am looking for something to wear once per week or so that has the rubber soles for the less than perfect weather days where I have to walk to a meeting or two.
 None of those in my size on the bank. :(  I see some MacNeil 2.0's on the ae site, but have no interest in the brown grain.
 I am looking at both. 
 Suggestions for a AE with rubber sole for <250 that would go better? Those were some dress (not like suit though) and some chinos.
Natural Chromexcel Oak Street's or Brown Strandmoks? I can't decide and both isn't an option as I just got some olive Strandmoks earlier this week.    Shoes I currently own: Olive Strandmoks, Navy Neumoks, Cognac McTavish, Brown Sixth Avenue, Bone Maritime   Pants colors I wear for work: light-medium grey, light brown, navy, and jeans on Friday   Given the above, would you go with the Brown Strandmoks or Natural Oak Streets?