or Connect

Posts by demian19003

An intelligent person and one of outstanding character always looks smart no matter what they are wearing.
Ah....very nice...didnt see the post..it became a long thread. Great color. Those are boots for a lifetime, and will age very well. The first scratch is the hardest I am sure!!   Have a photo of what they look like now after 4yrs of hard use?    I don't know Drew's, but will look them up now. Good for you...that is definitely in my future. But I live on the moon, and leather imports are a no no, and taxes INSANE. Although i am considering selling my Sutor's,...
Came across this info on these types of boots searching as I was curious.  I'm a geek. I would like it if I were researching, so hopefully another may  ....fwiw:   http://www.vintageamericanboots.com/2013/02/the-lacer-boot-packer-boot.html   Regards
While I am honestly not all too experienced either. Having lived in TX and having spoken with others, they are apparently VERY comfortable...and are considered work boots. Ranchers, riders, et al wear them all the time so I am inclined to think they are.Those I have worn were actually very comfortable...   Should you go to Whitesboots.com ... White's is a very fine shoemaker, and within they state how this natural foot angle  used within cowboy boots is the foot's...
Well, perusing this briefly, "worth it" means various things..   It is not easy for me to try various marques due to my location, and setting out on the Barbour vs Belstaff path and researching it all, they both have their merits. And while I hate to be cynical, business is business. Buy whatever story you want.   In the end it comes down to fit and quality. As much as you may really wish to like Barbour...and I do...the new offerings are a pale comparison to the...
Yes...I rarely say no across the board to things..unless it is just in bad taste to begin, I enjoy trying to make thing work..   But square toe shoes of any sort are, to me, the same as ventless sport or suit coats.   I would never wear it. Ever. A temporary fad from the 90's.   But for some, on a boot like this, an exception could be made... it may work for you. It is funny how these things work. However unless you have something particular in mind, go  for the...
Agree completely with Skeptical Jesus.. I am not a difficult person,however every point made is spot on.   Curious to know how it plays out.
Well, searching the subject and coming on this thread I felt need to respond fwiw.   Living (and having lived) in Italy for many years now, let me say that cowboy boots are popular here. Having to soon return to TX (with a shudder and broken heart) as my family are there and I must begin somewhere again..i don't know how it will feel? Like wearing the t-shirt of the band you are going to see at their concert or a Yankees jacket in NY?   They can be kind of "sprezzy"...
Discounted from $95 ?!   How rude.   Fwiw, I can't recall this fellow's name anymore, but I've purchased many items from him.   A pleasure to deal with, and outstanding items..and I have no problem giving him a plug here at sf. Kind of regret seeing him here as he was one of my (believed) well kept secrets.   Good guy and I highly recommend him. This is a killer deal. well done...but after all, let's show some character.   Regards
Agree.   This is ridiculous. I clicked on this out of curiosity, but find it pathetic.   Following a link I wondered, "who the hell would even coem to this trashy tabloid site to begin with?!"   "Ryan Gosling touches his ear while walking down the street..."   WTF   This is not what Styleforum represents and this should be removed.   Anyone following or contributing to it should reevaluate what they are, who they are, and what they are doing here...