or Connect

Posts by NNNN

Does anyone know how small Viberg's lasts go? 
I don't think I'd get White's in CXL, considering how many other great options they have, and how ubiquitous CXL has become for so many other shoe manufacturers (Viberg, Rancourt, OSB, Quoddy, etc). The leather does feel great, though. My favorite part about it is the undyed edge, but in terms of longevity maybe the natural CXL is the best, as there's no color to lose. Rancourt has a really nice before and after of a natural CXL rebuild of a pair that probably didn't see a...
Thanks for the info. Might be the first pair of brown smooth semi dress I've seen. Cool.
Just to clarify the nomenclature, are your other pairs Brown and Black Smooth, or Brown and Black Dress? The Semidress look like Brown Dress, which is notoriously stiff. No idea what the other two pairs are from the picture. The Smooth leathers are very thick, but I'm pretty sure they're also quite soft. Is that not the case? Brown Smooth is more of a reddish, chestnut kind of brown, but the two blacks are difficult to distinguish in photos.  
I see this a lot. Though White's has an E width, some companies don't even offer it, instead jumping from D to EE in order to accommodate a greater range of foot shapes without the extra production of making an E. Similarly, some retailers that stock White's stock mostly E width boots rather than D, so people with wider feet are covered, and people with D width can still fit in them. I think E is just as common as D in White's anyway.
That's my feeling about any Red Wing, Chippewa, 1000 Mile, or nearly any boot that costs much more than $250. I have a feeling that a huge percentage of the people buying the $300+ models simply have not heard of White's/Wesco/Nick's. Don't get me wrong, I'd love a pair of 877's, but at 75% the price of some truly nice MTO boots, I can't see myself getting a pair any time soon. We'll see, I do love them though.
I don't mean to answer for Bunyip, but it looks like Wesco's burgundy domain leather, which is their 5.5oz line of pull-up leathers. Not sure which tannery, but not Horween.
They do appear to have leather stacked heels, albeit with only one lift - did you expect them to be taller or with more lifts and no lug heel, or am I missing something?
Pretty big feet...the proportions make those 7" packers look like 6". Mine tiny ones will have the opposite effect (when they finally show up...I'm about 5 weeks in). What was the heel/sole combo on the boss that you ordered? I don't think I've seen the mini lug half-sole on a Wesco before.
I just put in an order for a black tie packer with basically this same build (MP lower heel, 269, natural edge tho). Thanks for all the Wesco info, btw...I'll post images in 2015 when they arrive. Sounds like you have the requisite number of MP boots. I've been really into the lace to toe Jobmasters lately...I used to prefer White's LTT, but Wesco's heavy duty white stitching on the uppers has grown on me:I still love the idea of a White's LTT in Black Bullhide though. I...