or Connect

Posts by NNNN

Can't stop thinking about black bull hide Northwest lace-to-toe. Possibly in 7" on Christy sole... Does anyone know how "rugged" the bull hide is? If I got a lace-to-toe on a sole like that, it would be a shame to use it as a work boot.
 Thanks man. Measurements may help, but don't go out of your way, as the White's comparison says a lot. I can't tell if the brown roughout IH build is lowered or not...it says it's 1/4" than a "normal packer" but I think that the 1339 last is naturally 1/4" lower than the packer last. I know what you mean about the 705 half sole. That was my plan going into it, but Wesco does a weird half-slip midsole up front that I'm not a fan of, though it would make the relative heel...
Thanks, that's incredibly useful, though it makes this more difficult. Is the Wesco more than 1/4" taller than the SD? I don't mind the 1339 heel visually, but since I'm short and thus have smaller feet, the heel will be quite large relative to the size of the boot...plus I don't want to give people the impression that I'm trying to make myself look taller, strolling around on 2" heels.
Hey b-ewing, this is a little off topic, but since we're comparing White's and Wesco heels I have a question for you... I'm pretty set on a Wesco packer on the 1339 last, but I'm thinking about getting the heel lowered by 1 lift. How is the 1339 heel height compared to White's on the SD last? I want to make sure it doesn't rock the boot back too far, especially because the toe already points upward quite a bit. Think it could manage? I'd consider putting an extra lift on...
Nah, not mine. Nice though!
While we're talking about worn-in dress brown, check these out:  
I think the long heel counter is my favorite part about the Smoke Jumper/Bounty Hunter... I think it makes them looks a little tougher and streamlined.  Maybe it reminds me of vintage Justin Lacers. I also like the reverse counter/vamp overlap of the Viberg Scout:
Can you guys briefly clarify in what ways the SD last is more roomy than the SJ? Sounds like the SJ tapers more at the toes...anything else? In what ways is the SD "dressier"? Lower toe box?thanks
Interesting. I always thought that regardless of which sole you choose, they bump up the heel to compensate, so the (interior) heel height is always the same. Is it only the commando sole for which they make an exception, or do they do that with say, a 705 half sole as well?
This is a great question, and basically the reason I showed up right now: to get some Arch Ease info.So what's the deal with White's arches? I'd like to hear everyone's experience with varying degrees of arches/foot shapes and the Arch Ease. I have also heard people with flat feet swear by them, which sounds counterintuitive. I have high arches, and with my Daytons, which have leather insoles and no arch support, the balls of my feet hurt because that's where all my weight...