or Connect

Posts by NNNN

What about a Northwest? Not enough of them around.
Does this answer your question?
Those look great! That $ though... I remember someone here a while back saying he got a custom last made from White's because of an unusually narrow heel. I wonder if you could buy a custom last shaped more like the MP Toe. They'd only have to make the one, in your size, and you could reuse it for subsequent makeups.
I've always liked the idea of an SD or BH on the packer last, but the packer has one of the tallest heels, and even lowered 1/4" it would still be pretty tall. The nice part about the Wesco MP last is that its heel is naturally 1/2" lower than their Western last, which is like White's Packer. On a side note, what's up with Wesco charging for every little customization? Roughout = $40 Double midsole = $40 Comp. Half Sole = $40 Leather Lining = $99 They even charge $40...
Found these images on a Japanese site. They must have soft toes, but they still look narrower than normal. Maybe they're A or B width and a soft toe? Looking good though, I'm really digging black White's with natural edges these days.   
You can order the made to fit shoes twice with new sizes, but they charge something like $17 the 2nd time.
The MTO is free (assuming you use the gift certificate to buy their shoes). Order the two most likely sizes, and you will at least learn something. If the 5.5D is too small and the 6D is too narrow, get a 6E, etc.   On my Rangers, after mostly weekend wear for 3 months, the length of the sole is 10 5/8". It protrudes a little on the rear, so the shoes is likely closer to 10 1/2" max. The width is about 3 3/4" (measured at the widest point perpendicular to the shoe), but...
Sorry about the delay, I haven't been around here much lately. A few things: I love the unlined with no socks combo. It's not harsh as far as I'm concerned, and I think the shoes tend to breathe better. They are pretty loose and I tie them tight, but they are comfortable.Unfortunately I don't have any Aldens for a reference point. I have a pair of Red Wing chukkas in 6D that fit best with thick socks, if that helps. I would definitely recommend getting the Made To Fit...
  Just got these guys. I knew I wanted navy, but spent a lot of time deliberating over the other colors. I ultimately went with a honey camp sole, nickel eyelets, and white thread. I usually wear a size 6D (small feet, eh) but because everyone's been sizing down, I tried the made-to-fit shoes in 5D and 5.5D. Despite a lot of heel slippage in the 5.5D Venetians that Rancourt sent, my big toe felt crammed, and the fit was downright tight with any socks, so I got these...
 Yup, held for moderation. How many times do I have to post before styleforum trusts that I'm not posting pictures of naked ladies stabbing each other?