or Connect

Posts by NNNN

...maybe just disregard that pair.
Here's an album.Also, I skimmed / read through most of this thread, and while I caught a few mentions of different toe numbers referring to the last shapes, I couldn't find a lot of info. Can anyone give a little explanation of Nick's lasts and toe shape numbers?Edit: I found the toe shapes in the FAQ. I'm still wondering if the toe shapes each have a different corresponding heel height. Often if you go with a last with a narrower toe, the heel tends to be higher (eg a...
Those look great! The 9" height works well, and doesn't look awkward the way the 7" boots sometimes do. Also, the block heels are really kept in check, unlike a lot of them that extend a good 3/16" out. Has the toe box of the distressed pair flattened out with wear, or are they soft-toes?
Oh, well in that case I guess we're talking about two different things...I am wondering which last White's uses for these puppies:
Right, I just wanted to clarify that those are the shoes we are not referring to: the one's actually called "White's Oxfords."
Speaking of the Oxfords (I assume we're talking the Hathorn Rainier / Bakers Oxford) - what last do they use? It looks like the Northwest. Also, anyone know how customizable they are beyond what Bakers shows on the site? I've seen one with a traditional leather and vibram sole, and one out of grey roughout, but that's it. I'd love a pair on the SD last, or at least with a white Christy sole, but that's just me.
  Dayton Parade boots. I got these cheap on eBay. I like them a lot, though they're a tad too large. Also, the leather is not my favorite...kind of hard and dressy, possibly needs a lot more breaking in? Can't say I would recommend Dayton over the other boot makers, considering the current $547 price tag for both the Parade and Service boots, which are the only 2 non-engineer styles they make that aren't 100% fugly. I get the feeling Dayton is a bit scatterbrained these...
I got some brown flat waxed laces on amazon for a pair of Daytons. So far so good. Not too expensive, and lots of length choices.
I've always loved the Wesco Packers, especially the MP Toe. This is almost exactly the same way that I'd build a pair! I just can't get past all the nickel-and-dime charges for every little customization. I'm sure I've griped about this here before, probably to b-ewing. Everything from changing their standard brown stitching to picking leather laces instead of nylon...it really adds up. Last I checked, they didn't have an option on the site for 7" height or any different...
What about a Northwest? Not enough of them around.