or Connect

Posts by pdxguy

Hi Patek, I am making no suppositions about Lobb or Prada. It was an inquiry. I personally like Lobb and think Prada is a joke. I personally like AE, but think most of Gucci is tacky.     I have simply noticed that it seems that knee-jerk negativity and hyper-reactivity are normalized on this particular forum. The deep irony being, if we assume square-toed shoes are tacky and fashionable to a certain demographic of ignorant sods, and therefore lacking style; the...
Thank you, Man of Lint. Once again, sound advice. 
Man of Lint wins the prize for being clear, civil, and funny. I never knew a simple question would create such a heated conversation. We are not talking about global politics here....just shoes.   I appreciate all the feedback. Since I have never had a problem getting into clubs, or dating who I want- regardless of what I am wearing- I never put much thought into the toebox of the shoe. That said, I have learned a fair bit so far, even from the few who may need anger...
Hey Fraiche~ that is good news. I might just join afterall. BTW...I have worn whatever I feel like (as shoe ignorant as I clearly am) and get into every club I walk up to- anywhere in the world....but maybe that is just the luck of the ignorant....
So, clearly there is a strong anti-square-toe view. When I heard about the club doorman not allowing square-toed shoes in, I wasn't wondering why outdated, horrible 1990's "Kenneth Cole monstrosities" should be included. Therefore, I asume we are all talking about the fact that many of the contributors to this thread hate square-toed anythings, right? Regardless of who makes them? John Lobbs? Prada?   Can someone lay down the parameters of what is assumed to be a...
So, clearly there is a strong anti-square-toe view. When I heard about the club doorman not allowing square-toed shoes in, I wasn't wondering why outdated, horrible 1990's "Kenneth Cole monstrosities" should be included. Therefore, I asume we are all talking about the fact that many of the contributors to this thread hate square-toed anythings, right? Regardless of who makes them? John Lobbs? Prada?   Can someone lay down the parameters of what is assumed to be a...
Thanks, J. 
Thanks, Journeyman, for your honest feedback. I personally don't have the same loathing of square-toed shoes. Why are they so offensive to you? Just curious....
I hadn't thought about shade of brown...most of my brown shoes are on the darker side
I don't know anyone that has ever come accross a person that has razor blades conceled in their toebox...but who knows...maybe in Moscow... I am refering to mid to high end clubs when I mention getting turned away for wearing square-toed shoes.