or Connect

Posts by jebarne

actually, I would call that the rise of the pants, with front and back rise being their own specific measurements. So if I need at least a 10.5" rise in dress pants, the front rise in a specific pant is unlikely to be exactly 10.5. I use rise in my listings as a short hand for people to use, but I've been asked for front rise twice in 16 months.
Botany 500 3 piece. Brown herringbone tweed. Reversible vest.   [[SPOILER]]   Stein Bloch Men's Cashmere Overcoat. Tons of handwork on this. Claims to be Hand-tailored.    [[SPOILER]]  Gloveral   [[SPOILER]]  Cashmere Dress Overcoat, Italy, Anyone recognize the label?   Renwick of Canada - I think 5th I've found here.  Cashmere topcoat. Even more handwork than the one above. From Berry Burk. Never heard of them.   [[SPOILER]]  Cashmere Overcoat - David's Men store Silver...
Outseam - Inseam = Rise. Source: Post 9 here http://www.styleforum.net/t/281890/whats-the-proper-way-to-measure-a-pants-rise/0_100#post_5094304
I like their mannequin   [[SPOILER]]
I've never been able to get mine to work with my mac. I was going to try it using boot camp or parallels, but havne't tried it yet.
This has probably been mentioned before, but on an international shipment, the buyer contacted me to ask where his package was. First time for that for me. I saw the box was being held at the local post office awaiting payment of duties. Supposedly, the guy was being notified. He claimed he hadn't received notification and didn't know where the post office was that he needed to go to.   I checked the USPS and after 3 tries, the lady told me she had zero "in-country"...
Hate to see you go. I bought my first investment properties in 1983 and continued to invest in houses and recommend it as a long-term strategy. The only ones I lost on were houses in marginal areas or I was brought into the deal by a partner, usually a builder or a flipper with cash flow issues.  For years, the tax code made it advantageous to have properties. Still does, but many of the breaks are gone. It was free money for a long time. And I learned to fix almost...
specifically I wanted the 35 or the 50 (and probably both) for general purpose lenses, not ebay. Outdoor shooting, things like that. My camera came with a 55-300 and an 18-140. I'm bidding on a nikkor 50m 1.8 (non-d) and have a few other irons in the fire. I'm probably going to buy an 18-55 af-s lens for ebay as it is closest to what I was shooting on the canon. Hey, after not doing photography since the days when I had to go into the black room to unspool film, its just...
Ok thrift bro's.   would like to get your input on how you market the condition of these moth nibbles that we see occasionally in camel hair and cashmere items.   Its these areas where the nape of the fabric is gone but there isn't an actual hole in the fabric. Since I try to never use the word "hole" in any sales description, I'm wondering how others describe these.   This is an example:     This is one of about 6 on an Aquascutum camel hair coat I bought last...
OK guys.....one of the advantages of being older is that you are in a position to give and get really nice christmas gifts.    So thanks to my wife for this great d7100 bundle she gave me for christmas. I'm very early in the learning curve and can't use it for eBay yet, but its an awesome machine and I'm looking forward to using it. Came with a couple zoom lenses, but on the search for a nice pre-owned 35mm f1.8 AF lens.