or Connect

Posts by jebarne

last 7 days happened to get a number of NWT items:                 Ok, this one isn't new. Its a Hugo Boss cream colored seersucker. I'm only posting it because of the receipt I found in the pocket. Note the spelling of the establishment and the chintzy tip.    
Don't normally do vintage.....but.....Found yesterday in a local Goodwill. 1936 Tails....Melton wool, crossgrain lapels, zero moth nibbles. In some ways not as cool as the Michael Bastian Linen harrington jacket, but cooler because of the condition. [[SPOILER]]
I dabbed fiebings edge dressing on a cloth then wiped the sole and heel until it was even. Don't let it soak. just on/off...   Liquid polish would work, as would have a tan wax, but the wax would be shinier
Rare eThrift for myself. [[SPOILER]]
OK, I got the shoes today. If you're a newer seller, this is a textbook case on how a poor listing can cost you hundreds of $$$. I saw this listing and knew the seller had not mentioned that these shoes were couture. What she also failed to mention is that they appear to be store models, essentially new with box, Certificate of auth, polish, shoehorn, shoe bags and the box with the label showing the shoes retailed for $1450. Here is the listing:  5 total...
For me its the high arch and high top of foot. The wrong upper just kills me. I have the same problem in the 222. I'm an 11E and would be a double ee if they actually made one. Which, what's up with that any way. I have a pair of practically new westchester loafers I never wear because of where the strap hits. That's another last I need a EE in. And the Cornwalis...I went to try those on. I need a Double EE. @#$%@$%@$%@$%@$%@#$
Opps, forgot one.   Nettleton  
I haven't been posting much, but decided to show some of my items from 1st Quarter. ET Wright Scotch Grain Longwing Monks.   Paul Smith Shortwings that happen to be really long.  J&M Aristocraft PTB, Size 14  Church's Patent Leather Formal  Gravati (new, but NA)    [[SPOILER]]  Nettleton's, not new but close (NA)   [[SPOILER]]     [[SPOILER]]      [[SPOILER]]  BBGF (NA)    [[SPOILER]]  Flannel POW Suit (NA)    [[SPOILER]]     [[SPOILER]]  Black Pinstripe Suit (NA)  ...
I go UP from 10.5E to 11E.
Gentlemen,   for a while I've been using the website sizeadvisors.com to help my online size matching.   I found it when trying to read up on the latest AE Lasts: http://sizeadvisors.com/blog/2015/08/17/switching-allen-edmonds-latest-last-designations/   If you build a profile and input your shoes and measurements, it gets you very close on other shoes.   Here are the shoes I've rated:   there isn't a way to differentiate well-fitting shoes. I consider bot the...