or Connect

Posts by jebarne

First post on the new thread. Been too busy at day job to lurk as much as I would have liked so only about 75 pages behind......   These are from the last couple months   Isaia 7 Fold - NA     Isaia 7 Fold - NA     Charvet - NA     Aquascutum CH - NA     J Press Vintage Silk     Grenson     Santoni     Florshiem Longwings     Sisley of Detroit Longwings - NA     Florsheim PTB - NA     Mezlan Ostrich Rollini -...
Also, demonstrably false. Look at any thrift store before and after you shop there. There are plenty of serviceable items available. the 2, 3, 10 things you might buy, don't make a dent in the inventory. The poor will never miss that cashmere zegna sweater you found beside razorback sweatshirt. Thrift stores, and in fact, all non-profits, including universities, are in the money business. Plain and simple. Don't believe me? Look at the value of college endowments. Start...
They think they buy something at Nordstrom it isn't marked up? When I was 15, I got a job at a furniture store. The owner explained that his prices were 3x what he paid. That allowed him to "discount" 25% across the board and still make double. The sports bands for the apple watch cost $2.05 to make (not including packaging, shipping etc) but they sell for $49 at the apple store. If there wasn't a profit, no one would do this. Think of all the money you are saving people...
This is why I've gone with the trans-lum I posted above. it hangs about a foot from the wall and I can back light it. I'm not using it because I haven't had time to figure out how to get rid of my lens flare with continuous lighting. As to your flashes, I admire a man who buys the best. but at 1/8th power, the b400's would do fine for me and have the equivalent light at half power with a shorter full-life recovery. I have a model of the Yongnuo but mine seem to mis-fire...
I'm using two different backgrounds. For High Key, I bought a roll of this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Savage-Trans-lum-Backdrop-60-x18-Rolls-1-5-Medium-Weight-46018-/331548513478?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d31d4d4c6 . Its like a roll of thick mylar drafting paper without the glossy side. It is translucent and I bought it to back light from behind. I like it because you can scrub it if it gets dirty. Also, I cut a piece to use as a difuser on my overhead light and that...
Dex, You've gotten some good DIY advice. I did my first 6 months with home brew flourescents. My overhead is still that. Home Depot sells an overhead light now that holds 6 t-8 bulbs. With 6 6500k bulbs, that's a great light, but you need to difuse it with something. I bought this kit for lighting the fronts of items....
I wonder if an anti-static glass cleaner like Plexo would make a difference on the dust particles.   Plus, our hardware lab has everything wired for anti static already, but they have these small glue gun looking things that they say really reduce the amount of static in the environment.   Dunno.....just seems to me that black adds drama and movement. The white is perfect too.   You're in a situation that your 2nd choice will exceed 99.999% of all other ebay...
You can go into the library and move the entire folder. Or if you backed up to time machine you can get it from there. Pm if you can't find it.
I'm trying to figure out a name for what looks like a classical carved image that is printed on a tie.   The image shape is :     I would normally think of that as part of a wave pattern like this:       Or maybe a petal or a leaf, depending:       Here is the image. It appears to be a leopard carved with the sun rays emanating from the corners of the oval. I looks at a variety of glyphs from greece, rome, egypt and couldn't find.       Surely one...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/181660604785?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT I bought from these guys. Very solid rack and painless transaction.