or Connect

Posts by jebarne

Founded in 1923 on lower Fifth Avenue, Dunhill Tailors was a premium Men’s clothing store in New York selling bespoke and ready to wear clothing. Truly one of New York's finest -- and most noted — tailors, the Block family ran the business successfully into the 1980s.  The business was sold to Alfred Dunhill of London in the mid-1980s when Leon Block retired. Pieces do fairly well on ebay. I sold this cobalt blue blazer last year for $140 ish if I remember correctly. 
You can find cheaper strobe bundles on ebay, but Alien Bees will set you back $225 each, economy stands about 20 each. entry level DSLR camera like the d3300 nikon or the Canon T5i will be $500  ish, but coming up to the holidays, there will be tons of bundled deals on cameras. http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-budget-dslr-camera/ Reasonable budget is $1500. If you go with ebay flash units from cowboy lighting or similar, maybe $1000 with stands and everything. In my...
My Alien Bees came with umbrellas, which I use, but diffusers were extra.
I was a couple years later. I bought the mac plus. paid $800 for a 20mb scsi drive so I wouldn't have to shuttle the 23 disks that came with office in and out of the 3.5" floppy drive. Oh, and that super sweet imagewriter printer. My wife was still using that machine in her classroom until we moved in 2007 and she let it go. finally.
I would think that can be repaired by a good cobbler. Would involve restitching the full heel rim of the shoe. Probably $50ish type repair. if they have to replace and match the leather, then I'm not sure how close they will get. Try Nick at B. Nelson.
Not evangelizing the mac, but if you already are in the apple infrastructure, a mac with garagesale could streamline the photo's section of your workflow. Drag and drop images to GS and they are then on their server and only time out when the auction ends. They charge for storage on GIC listings but after the first listing for 10 days, you can do GIC without paying. I use lightroom and once you're able to use import settings, it speeds up the work flow considerable....
You can also do this with an extra bar to create long hanging. Mine came with the brackets but I had to buy the bar:
I have a basic store, but I don't remember getting anything about shipping supplies, but I will go check. Thanks for the headsup. Edit: just picked up 100 boxes I use for ties and belts for under $11 with free shipping. That would have cost $40 from uline.
my 1st walnut wednesday contribution. The Vernon.  
I use the plain duck brand. 3.1Mil thick on a 60 yard roll. Buy on amazon for $2.46/ roll in an 8 pack with no shipping. I don't know how thick the ebay tape is, but mostly I saw $3.5 to $4.5 per 75 yard roll plus shipping. my equivalent price for a 75 yard role is $3.07. You guys have a cheap source?