or Connect

Posts by jebarne

that was my exact thought on the original post. Heck, a lot of new sets give you hybrids until you get to a 4 iron.
Did not know that. Now you've got me wanting to spring for one of those.
  Thanks for taking the time to explain that. I've evolved through trial and error and reading online. I am not sure I understand everything you said here, but I will work on it. my bulbs in  the softboxes are 45w CFLs @6500K. I had ordered some 12" by 30" soft boxes for the rear application but they sent 24" x 30" and didn't have the narrow ones, so I've kept the larger ones. I have realized I needed to fix the flare on the sides of items, which I had planned to do by...
Guys,   Trying to ship a suit to greece and ebay tool won't give me an express option. I know some of you only ship express. Is this a setting I've somehow messed up? I can do it from the post office site, but if I do it from ebay, its $44 vs $56 at the post office.   Any ideas?   jb
Right! totally agree. I have 10 CFL's in the 2 clouds and 2 4ft tubes focused on the backdrop. I get a pretty reasonable white background....not perfectly white. But even though I want that, I think the next step would be offsetting the backdrop from the wall 6" or so and using a flash/synchro. That would take me a while to figure out and just not sure its worth it for me. On a semi-related note, I got a nice message from a buyer today. I'm sure he tells this to all the...
I believe if you step up to the 7100, it moves the autofocus engine into the camera body which opens up the lens options you will have.
But during the winter, I don't have to use a happy light.......
Yes. I was worried about my OCD until Brian opined one day that he needed more light on his background.
OK, I've been asked a number of times recently about my photo set up. This is very short.....pics....few words. in my signature is a PDF with the long explanation.   I have 3-4 backgrounds that I use depending on what I'm working on at the time. I have a table top set up for everything except long coats.   1st. Lighting:   Overhead light, 6 bulbs, 6500K color. 2 clouds, 5 CFL bulbs, 6500K color, and finally 2 clouds, 4 CFL bulbs each, 6500K       That's my...
I'm not sure if this is a good deal or not, because I don't know much about this type of clothes, but Land's End has a deal on puffer jackets right now that, if its even passable quality seems like a decent deal if you need something right away.   Lands' End offers its Lands' End Men's 600-Fill Down Jacket in five colors (Dark Clover pictured) for $44.99. Coupon code "SNOWMAN" and PIN "1714" cut it to $26.99.   With $8 for shipping, that's $52 off list, $28 under our...