or Connect

Posts by gngrprince

I have as many EG shoes as GG and am a big fan of both. Spend a lot of time lurking (lusting) in both forums as I know many other do Has taken me a while to get to the point of seeing a proper boot (non Chukka/Chelsea) I can get excited about.
Wasn't spamming, just joining the dots between rydenfan's post and a GMTO opportunity. Some would say that's just acting as a good citizen...BTW - we may be up to 3 ...
[[SPOILER]] We have 2 people interested in a GMTO on a pair of these.Model: ThorpeLast: GG06Colour: Vintage Rioja - Hatch GrainEyelets: Antiqued brassSole: Ridgeway3 more and we're good to go...Any others?
Looking to get a GMTO going on these. 2 so far. - If interested, head over to G&G thread...
Here's a link to the post:http://www.styleforum.net/t/236162/gaziano-girling-appreciation-shoe-appreciation-theard/13215#post_7445730
I would definitely prefer the hatch grain over the highland grain. I also like the look of the GG06 on this model - though I love the MH71 on most other models. It gives the boot a less refined look, which works well IMHO - particularly with the RidgewayI think it's probably too much compromise for me with the specs - though I have no doubt it will look greatAnyone else up for something more directly aligned to the VRaivio original?
I was in the GG shop today and saw the highland grains in the flesh. I was expecting to think the browns would be more interesting, but the burgundy is by far the most stunning. Very dark (may be the lighting and sample), but was fabulous.Went to EG to see their equivalent hatch and GG wins hands down.Let me know what specs you are going for - definitely interested
Any interest in a GMTO on something (very) similar to these?
With GMTO, do you get the option to get the last extended to accommodate a high arch? I had a pair of Hayes (TG73) done 18 months ago on MTO and requested the last to be modified. They definitely fit better (lace closing) than the my other pair of G&G (St James II MH71)
Picked up a pair of Archdale wingtips at the factory shop a couple of weeks ago for £155, which I thought was a steal. Minor scuff at the front, which would probably have happened within 2 days of my wearing anyway. The 'normal' Barker 2nds were on sale for £80 (first pair), down to £55 (3rd pair). Barker Black certainly sleaker and better made (imo), and I like the quirkyness of the brand (esp. the Archdale), though some were way to far out there for me...   Also...