or Connect

Posts by Jamesbeat

I want a black blazer with white piping. Before I get flamed, I want it because I like to collect props from my favorite movies and TV shows, in this case 'The Prisoner'. Before I get flamed again, I also know that Number 6's blazer was actually dark brown with cream piping, but (intentionally or otherwise) 'read' as black with white piping on screen, so this is how I and most others remember it. I have the piping on order, and I'm hoping to pick a blazer up this...
I went thrifting today.   I got a couple of nice tweed sport coats and a pair of shoes. A bizarre thing happened with the shoes... I had taken them to the counter and was about to pay for them, when for some reason known only to her, the lady ringing me up decided to touch up a small scuff on the toe cap.   As I looked on with growing bafflement and horror, she took a brown sharpie and colored in the scuff (the color didn't match whatsoever). The brown sharpie...
Oops! I just got back from the mall, where I picked up a white shirt. It's nice, and along with a burgundy tie goes great with my suit (thanks again ) One unexpected problem is that I'm quite heavily tattooed on my torso and my arms, and the tattoos show through the white shirt! I can wear a T-shirt under it to cover them up, but I have to keep my jacket on, otherwise I look more like 'Russian Mafia' rather than 'Sensible Businessman'. When I lived in England, I had my...
Yeah I'll get a light blue too then, helps to have something different in case of a second interview.
It's ambiguous enough as it is anyway, I had to scrutinize it to determine the color, and even now I'm not 100% sure... Hopefully other interviewees will look like the cast of 'Resevoir Dogs' and I'll be the best dressed one I have lots of sportcoats anyway, so unless I absolutely have to wear a suit, I have plenty of clothes to choose from.
Thanks. I was thinking white or light blue, but I have next to no knowledge of these matters so I thought it would be wise to ask... As for making sure it's not black, it's pretty much wear this suit or turn up naked for job interviews Looking carefully under natural light, it does look blue conpared to a black shirt that I have, so I guess it must be extremely dark navy. I promise that if my prospective employer (whoever they may be) forgives me for my too-dark suit, I...
I only have one suit. I used to have a few, but when I moved here to the States from England, I had to leave behind everything that I couldn't cram into my suitcases. I kept this one because it was the better quality and fit out of the few that I owned. Anyway, I'm trying to get a better job, and I'm trying to put together an outfit for interviews. I usually wear sportcoats and slacks with a casual shirt and no tie, so I'm not very well versed when it comes to more formal...