or Connect

Posts by Pig Farmer

Is it that obvious?   I was concerned about washing anything red with stuff as light as these examples.         But I'll follow your advice barring any further input.  Thank you for answering.
  I know nothing about epaulet, but a 34 tag size in urban slim should be 36.25" at the waist.     That is the j.crew urban slim sizing chart.  I wear a 32 urban slim and for the chinos I've ordered the chart was accurate.   Maybe this information can help someone here answer your question more precisely, or if epaulet has a chart of their own even better.   Also, be sure that these pants you're ordering have a similar rise if you're going to base your sizing on the...
Sorry to bother you all with a laundry sorting question but I'm new at this.  Trying to get a system down.   The consensus seems to be that whites, light colors/patterns, bright colors, and dark colors should be washed separately.  Some divide their laundry even further.   I'd like to get away with doing three main loads: whites, light colors/patterns, and dark/bright colors combined.  I don't own a lot of bright stuff or anything black, so this seems like a...
Much appreciated.  I've been hoping there would be a discount before the weather warms up.   Thank you very much Ninja Sox.
I recently looked into no show socks.  It seems that Journeys no show footies are one of the cheapest options.  link   But it's not such a good value if you order them online and eat the shipping.   There's a brand called ninja sox that gets some love on SF.  See this thread.   I'm currently waiting for them to go on sale again, since they were 40-50% off twice within the past 3-4 months. link   I also found a few positive comments for the Payless no show dexter sock....
I found something called a mariner jacket in Brooks Brothers' winter clearance.     Water repellent mariner jacket made with cotton. Detachable snap-off hood. Contrasting orange piping. Lined at top half with blue and white striped linen and with cotton on bottom half. Self elbow patches for durability. Side entry pockets. Dry clean. Imported.     That's all I have to go on.  No clue what a 'mariner' jacket is and google isn't helping much.   I think...
  Useful information.  Thanks very much for replying, although I'm only seeing your post now.   After discovering that 520s were not going to work, I went ahead and ordered a couple pairs of 562s.  I sized down to 30 for the 562s because the waist on 520s measured 34.5" and I would prefer to start at 33.5 inches.   Received them today.  562s measure 34 inches at size 30.  Good thing I went down.   Unfortunately, the upper thigh of the 562s is roughly the same as the 520s...
  Is that not how you measure the upper thigh?  I thought it was the shortest distance from the outside of the leg to just below the crotch seam.   My upper thigh is about 25, so your recommendations are quite handy.  But I think that 508s (taper) and 520s (extreme taper) are supposed to be the same above the knee.  According to my research, one just has a smaller leg opening than the other.  I did try on 508s at JC Penney before ordering these and they were roughly the...
I ordered some Levi's 520s (14.5 oz) because I read that 508s and 520s have a very relaxed thigh.             Thighs so tight it hurts.  Calves too tight as well, but not painful.  The waist is fine out of the box, looser than it appears.  I could easily slide two hands into the waist, and I'm still cutting from a dreamer bulk.   Ordered 31 x 30 and these measured 34.5" at the top.  They're low rise so the vanity might be partially an adjustment...
  They claim they're on sale, but it looks like regular Amazon prices to me.   http://camelcamelcamel.com/Clarks-Originals-Mens-Desert-Beeswax/product/B000WU8SBQ   http://camelcamelcamel.com/Clarks-Originals-Mens-Desert-Suede/product/B0007MFX6C   Perhaps at least one of the colors has dropped though.  Easy to verify.  Just search the product name and color on camel.