or Connect

Posts by Andrew Ryan

Title says it all. Assuming you do a seasonal wardrobe, at what temperature point do you switch from brown leathers to tan (unless you're one of those people that wear tan year round ), and lighter colors in general (SC's, suits, shirting)?   I figure this should be relatively universal regardless of location - but can't seem to find any consensus via search. It's in the mid-seventies here, but until it starts breaking 80, I just don't feel like it's right yet...
Linen + untucked = about as casual as you can get, so anything unfused (any of the Soft collars, plenty to choose from) or lightly fused (standard BD collar). Assuming you're wearing it without a jacket (of course), my previous two cents applies as well re: button downs. Again though, that's just that - my two cents.
The Soft Ivy is not at all large in person, really, the roll is just large (a good thing if you're into that). If you're not wearing a sportcoat, I suggest sticking with the regular (non-Colorado) button-down collar, or going with the Soft Ivy. Be aware the Ivy is going to take some pressing (band and leaf separately) to not look too casual; if that's a concern, again, stick with the regular button down.  Spread collars (assuming the right proportions and everything else,...
Fair enough. Glad I'm not the only one...
@ccallis - what happened to all the beautiful blue end-on-end stripes? You guys seemed to have a lot of them at one point, but all that's left now is the TM blue one (which I already own and is lovely). Just wondering if I can expect a comeback... end-on-ends are probably my favorite.
Really basic question, but one I can't seem to find a definitive answer to: does a grey tie work with a light blue shirt? It seems to be that there's absolutely nothing wrong with it, grey being a neutral and all, but that it may not be "optimal," per se. Nonetheless, I own several that I previously reserved for white shirts, but as I wear light blue predominantly now, I'm strongly considering working them in just for variety. I'm talking solid grey, by the way (non-silk,...
Also, @ccallis - launch the damned button placement option already, I'm fiending and need my fix! :)
Anyone here wear the Milano II open-collar? I don't have a particularly long neck, but the collar points stay straight up between lapels like no other when open (better than every other collar style I've tried from PC, with the Roma Spread coming in at a semi-close second). I've been experimenting with it and really like the clean lines and how well it frames the face worn open, but it does sit awfully high on those of us with average size necks... but damn if I don't love...
Shamelessly bumping this.   edit: FWIW, I use this collar now, more of a semi-spread with longer points.  
I have a round face, and have settled with a semi-spread with longer points (to be exact: the 'President Point' from Proper Cloth MTM). I love a wider spread on other guys, but after years of experimenting, find it really does - to my mind, when I look in the mirror - better balance my face.   Still can't stand a straight point collar, though.    Also: realize this is a necrothread, just adding my 2 cents for anyone searching on this topic as I haven't found it...