or Connect

Posts by AndrewST

1) I just took in a suit for dry cleaning and alterations -- ended up tapering the legs quite a bit (admittedly it's a suit that's a few years old, maybe mid-2000s?, so probably not a ~fashionable~ cut); didn't make any changes, however, to the suit jacket. Maybe it's difficult to picture and therefore impossible to give a good answer to my question: Was it a mistake to taper the pants without doing anything to the jacket? Also, the dude pinning me up remarked that cuffed...
Fair -- thanks! Fortunately my suit with working buttonholes doesn't need the alterations. Good to know that shortening a sleeve isn't too much to ask of someone.
How much of a fashion faux pas is it when a jacket's sleeves are ever-so-slightly (like not even two centimeters) longer than a shirt's cuff?   For whatever reason, my shirt size / sleeve length and jacket size (un-tailored) are such that the jacket is a touch farther down my arm. Should I get the jackets tailored OR is it considered OK for the jacket extend just a bit longer? FWIW, I'm not swimming in the jacket (that is, it's not too big for it) and the shirt isn't too...
I'll be moving to Los Feliz in a week for work, and my job requires me to wear a suit every day. Can anyone recommend someone who will perform good alterations and dry cleaning in my new neighborhood? Sorry if I've missed a thread that answers the same questions -- only thing I found was from 2007 or '08. Thanks!
Hi all,   I'll be moving to Los Feliz in a week for work, and my job requires me to wear a suit every day. Can anyone recommend someone who will perform good alterations and dry cleaning in my new neighborhood? Sorry if I've missed a thread that answers the same questions -- only thing I found was from 2007 or '08.   Thanks!
 Tailoring is the Devil's work, for one.
The middle of nowhere, i.e., where people get especially defensive about THERE values.
I live in the middle of ARE country, so to speak, and need suit sleeve alterations. FWIW, the sleeve buttons are non-functional.   Do you suggest I trust my local dry cleaner's seamstress to make the changes? (Shortening by 1/2 of an inch.) I haven't taken anything there before except for cleaning. Good enough work on that end.   I'm unfamiliar w/ the whole process and one of my worries is that a 1/2'' move from the cuff will look goofy because the buttons start at...
 Trouble starts three or four buttons from the top. Neck is fine. ETA: I didn't realize it was their thinnest fit.
I wear a size 16 or 16.5 shirt -- let's just say it fluctuates. Anyway, bought a Brooks Brothers slim fit shirt, sz. 16, and I couldn't even button the damn thing. Not even close. Are BB shirts - with a green label - known for being at least a size smaller, or something? I'm wearing a BB 16 regular fit right now and it fits great. What gives?