or Connect

Posts by AndrewST

Oh, I don't mean I'm uncomfortable wearing the outfits. I mean, simply, I admit the suit jacket / shirt combo looks a little busy, despite the patterns being of contrasting widths, etc. That surprised me. Anyway, what's your take on the two different combos I've posted? I prefer the first (w/ the brown tie), and would wear it. One reason I visit SF is so people stop me before I make a fool of myself. Internet strangers are honest.
I'm always hesitant to mix patterns. In theory, the small gingham checks should be okay with the wide spaced pinstripes, but they’re throwing me off in this instance.   Are either of these OK? First conforms to 2/3 rule; Second breaks the rule, granted. 
EDIT: Wrong thread. Sorry guise.
 Jacket fit me fine but it's a sack suit, so the darting was minimal--maybe entirely absent. So, a sack suit with slightly tapered pants. Bad idea?
1) I just took in a suit for dry cleaning and alterations -- ended up tapering the legs quite a bit (admittedly it's a suit that's a few years old, maybe mid-2000s?, so probably not a ~fashionable~ cut); didn't make any changes, however, to the suit jacket. Maybe it's difficult to picture and therefore impossible to give a good answer to my question: Was it a mistake to taper the pants without doing anything to the jacket? Also, the dude pinning me up remarked that cuffed...
Fair -- thanks! Fortunately my suit with working buttonholes doesn't need the alterations. Good to know that shortening a sleeve isn't too much to ask of someone.
How much of a fashion faux pas is it when a jacket's sleeves are ever-so-slightly (like not even two centimeters) longer than a shirt's cuff?   For whatever reason, my shirt size / sleeve length and jacket size (un-tailored) are such that the jacket is a touch farther down my arm. Should I get the jackets tailored OR is it considered OK for the jacket extend just a bit longer? FWIW, I'm not swimming in the jacket (that is, it's not too big for it) and the shirt isn't too...
I'll be moving to Los Feliz in a week for work, and my job requires me to wear a suit every day. Can anyone recommend someone who will perform good alterations and dry cleaning in my new neighborhood? Sorry if I've missed a thread that answers the same questions -- only thing I found was from 2007 or '08. Thanks!
Hi all,   I'll be moving to Los Feliz in a week for work, and my job requires me to wear a suit every day. Can anyone recommend someone who will perform good alterations and dry cleaning in my new neighborhood? Sorry if I've missed a thread that answers the same questions -- only thing I found was from 2007 or '08.   Thanks!
 Tailoring is the Devil's work, for one.