or Connect

Posts by Outlaw 06

Very nice!  This is my favorite M Car with the best production motor BMW ever made in my opinion. I've been looking for a clean, low mileage, Z4M Coupe with extensive maintenance records (and without navigation or power seats) for the past 2+ years.  They're rare and very hard to come by, especially the 2006 and 2008 models.  
    They didn't... BMW NA M3 Coupe (LHD): 26,202 examples produced from 02/01 through 05/06. Reference:  BMW M Registry
  You're correct.  With E92 M3 production ending this year, there won’t be any naturally aspirated 3-Series cars in the lineup anymore.    BMW introduced the V8-powered Z4 GTE for the 2013 ALMS season, but (unfortunately) they were granted a waiver so they don’t have to build the required 100 production cars and 1,000 production engines in order for the car to qualify without penalties (unlike the E46 M3 GTR in 2002).    It’s a real shame, but I guess I’ll be keeping my...
Yes most BMWs are heavy, but 5-Series and above BMWs are intended to be high-speed autobahn cruisers rather than nimble sport sedans.  3-Series cars with sport-tuned suspensions, manual gearboxes and rear wheel drive are still blasts to drive (regardless of the engine displacement).  Just look at how many teams are racing 3-Series BMWs and the occasional Z4M these days (ALMS GT, Gran Am GT, SCCA Club Racing classes, etc.).  How many racing teams are driving 5, 6 or 7...
  Agreed.    The 3-Series BMW has never been a luxury car. If properly optioned with Sport Package (ZSP), 6-speed manual transmission (6MT) and rear wheel drive (RWD), BMW 3-Series coupes and sedans offer a near-perfect balance of handling, performance and every day practicality (that can even fit 5 people in a pinch).  The 7-Series is BMW's luxury sedan.   Regarding turbocharged engines, the best cars I’ve owned have all had naturally aspirated engines while the least...
Driving my 2004 BMW E46 M3 Coupe (6MT) at Lime Rock Park.     Driving my 2007 BMW E90 335i Sedan (6MT, ZSP, RWD) at Lime Rock Park.     Driving a Skip Barber MX-5 Cup car through the optional chicane at "The Uphill" (Turn 5).  This isn't my car, but it’s a “car I drive” occasionally.
The suggestion about Saks Fifth Avenue “Off Fifth” is a very good one.  They routinely offer a large selection of good to excellent Italian suits at great sale prices.    Have you considered Brooks Brother’s 1818 line of suits?  The various fabrics, fits, construction (1/2 canvassed) and overall quality deliver a decent value if you get them on sale.  They can routinely be purchased for under $650 each (2 for $1,499 minus another 15% for the corporate discount). They...
Agreed.  This trendy color was clearly a fail by AE which is probably why the shoes are so heavily discounted right now.  I can't think of any standard business suit (Brown, Gray or Navy) that would be complemented by gray shoes.  I think the shoes are too dressy for blue jeans too.  The shoes simply aren't a deal (at any price) if you can't wear them with anything.  I suggest spending a few extra dollars on the classic black version of the Park Avenue dress shoe...
That's why I commented that the list in post #756 is now pretty accurate regarding the various OTR brands that I own.  I don't own a La Vera suit, so I can't comment on the ranking of that particular brand.
Understanding that this is a ranking of off-the-rack clothing, I agree with the current rankings of the few brands I own (and in the case of Castangia, am very interested in owning).  Brioni and Sartoria Castangia definitely belong in the top tier of this list.  I was actually surprised that Isaia and Sartoria Partenopea remained in the top tier for so long. While these brands are both solidly “Very Good”, they’re clearly not at the same level as the “Excellent” brands. ...