or Connect

Posts by evac

Hello,   I've been thinking of picking up some J. Crew merino sweaters for layering this winter, but I'm having a hard time finding any recent reviews of their merino. It seems like the general consensus is that they are quite good, but I've also read that the durability may vary. I'm hoping that they will hold up for 2 years at least, considering I do not produce a lot of wear on my knitwear. Are they on par with PRL's knitwear?   I'm also curious about the sizing,...
Hello! I'm looking for a new messenger bag/briefcase for university use. I'm opting for canvas, because I truly enjoy the 'casual' look of rugged canvas and leather straps. At the moment I'm trying to choose between two options: - Filson's field bag http://www.filson.com/luggage-bags/field-bags/field-bag-medium.html#122 - Copper river's briefcase http://www.copperriverbags.com/classic-briefcase-water-resistant-roomy-cotton-duck-toffee-brown-15-cd-br-clbr/ The important...
Hello!   I'm planning on picking up a pair of suede chukkas for fall/winter. I'm a university student, and therefore I do not have a big budget, and considering I will mostly be using the shoes as beaters for school/town, I do not want to invest that much.    I've had a look at Bexley, Herring and Velasca - all of them providing affordable and clean chukkas. I've also checked out Meermin, but they are a bit more expensive considering the shipping comes at 20...
Anyone got any experience with their cotton-cashmere sweaters? I really like the cotton-cashmere cable knits they have now, but I'm not sure if I should buy them or not. I do not live in a place where I can visit a store.   Is there any pilling and how do they hold up?
Hello!   I've heard many good things about Gap's lived-in slim chinos. According to numerous sources it has a great fit with quite good quality, but I'm not able to visit a Gap store myself and try them on. Has anyone else tried/own a pair of these? Is the quality good/good for the price? And how is the fit? Is it very slim - along the lines of H&M slim, or is it a bit more relaxed?
Cheers for your input guys. I never really get cold on my feet, and if it's really cold outside, I wear wool socks. So for my part the suede/leather choice is simply in terms of which material can handle autumn/winter the best.
Cheers for your replies guys. I think I'll go for the suedes. Do you have any advice as to how to take care of them during fall/winter? Is it sufficient with a water-protecting spray and a cleaner/shampoo?
Hello,   I've been thinking of getting a pair of chukkas for fall/winter, but I'm not sure whether to buy suede or leather ones. I live in Norway, so the winter is quite cold, snowy, but quite dry - not that much slush.    What do you consider to be the best material for winter. Will leather chukkas be better than suede?    Been thinking of getting suede ones from Velasca, or leather ones from Meermin. Do anyone have additional suggestions in the same price range as...
Hello!    I was wondering if anyone had some experience with Topman or H&M's chinos, and which one you would reccomend in terms of fit and quality? I'm open to other suggestions as well in the same price range.
 Did the wool fabric feel ok? Never bought anything from Uniqlo, so I'm a bit skeptical about the quality - heard great things about them, but for such great prices I get a bit unsure.Did the coat look as good in real life as it does on the pictures on their website?