or Connect

Posts by captainshields

I bought these once washed (preowned) a few months back. They are mint and look unworn, but have a super weird wear patter on the back right pocket. (nothing else anywhere else on them). I tried wetting the area to blend the indigo with no luck. They look more obvious in hand.   Is there any way to make this area even so I can break them in from scratch or should I just ignore it? It's 4 marks in the shape of a square about half the size of a wallet.  Would my wallet...
 I asked them and they recommended a place called "Tam's Tailor" which is just in a strip mall and has no online reviews. Might just be a hidden gem though! I have pretty expensive denim I need hemmed I just don't want them to get screwed up. Was hoping someone here had a good experience with this in the area.
Hey guys.   Wondering if anyone knows of a good tailor in the Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill area who can do a good hem (keeping the original) on a few pairs of selvedge denim I have. Thanks!
Hey guys.   Wondering if anyone knows of a good tailor in the Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill area who can do a good hem (keeping the original) on a few pairs of selvedge denim I have. Thanks!
  Well, I got them today, and unfortunately they are definitely women's I think.The front pockets are incredible shallow. (an iphone 6 sticks half of the way out when pushed in all the way).Unless the early versions of these had super shallow pockets for men, these have to be women's. Super upset! 
 Awesome!Mystery solved, thanks so much! How did you know all that?
 Thanks again!Hopefully it isn't too stretched there...I'd like to wear these.Never even though about that.
  Great info! Thank you! Could these be women's? If so, is there a way to tell? I always though the buttons were how to tell, but these have 4.Also, based on the wallet wear on the back pocket I'm guessing these were worn by a dude either way. What is "knee bagging"? I just noticed that after you mentioned it. Just though they were wrinkled there.
 Ya, once I get them later this week I will get some better photos and re-measure myself.These were bought from a seller who seems to sell a lot of older consignment type clothing so I highly doubt these are a newer release pair.The seller took a ton of photos, here is a link to the...
 I don't know. I didn't think "slim fit" was ever made for women (or rigid). I thought they were called "skinny" for women.But The size tag only having the waist is definitely something I could see as being used on women's jeans. I can't find these as women's jeans listed anywhere online.They are 4 button like all my other RRL denim. Any women's jeans I have seen are 3 button.Also, the rise on these is just over 10". On the few pairs of women's RRL denim I have...