or Connect

Posts by katabatic

I already have a pair of PTBs in alpine grain in a similar color, and it's a surprisingly versatile color and texture - although I'd still give color 8 an edge as the most versatile.These boots and another pair in color 8 would basically cover everything I need (not that I'm likely to stop there )
Aaand this week's winner is...@sugarbutch  - congrats (and gorgeous suit)!
 Thanks! It's MTM from the same maker as the tweed suit - Beckett & Robb. I got a sportcoat in that fabric (it's the one on my most recent post), and added the waistcoat on a whim. I used my steamer to roll the lapel down further, past the top button, as I generally prefer waistcoats with a slightly lower "V". 
I just pulled the trigger on the alpine grain brogued Alden captoes - Mike had them shipped about 20 minutes after I placed my order. Unbelievable. Now I just have to be patient while they make their way from coast-to-coast! My first pair of non-eBay Aldens - this might mark my descent into obsession .   
Wow, how did I completely miss this thread? @FlyingMonkey  - that half-norfolk is an amazing find.    Cross-posted from the November 14th friday challenge:    
 That sounds like my kind of cocktail party! 
Poll is up! Expires Midnight GMT on Monday, Nov. 24.    Back to multiple choice this week. 
Gorgeous shot, @Anden .   Poll going up in about an hour!
After work update - I had time to get a full fit shot with better lighting. How the @#%^ do some of you get such consistent pics...lots and lots of practice? I think this one accurately conveys the enormity of my head.   
Those are gorgeous. I may need to add some more colors to the cordurainbow soon.