or Connect

Posts by katabatic

@troika The 'stache is made of steez. Musteez. Man, that sounds so wrong. 
@Chulillo I love the red jacket - Belstaff?   @thefoxtooth +1 to everything. 
I'll definitely be there!
At the same numeric size, the trench boot is definitely not wider than the regular Wolverine 1Ks (it might be wider than the Allen-Edmonds built shell cordovan models, but I've never owned them).    Blue Owl sells both and has measurements for both on their site: https://www.blueowl.us/product/oak-street-bootmakers-black-dainite-trench-boot/ https://www.blueowl.us/product/wolverine-1000-mile-in-black/   Those measurements match up with mine, measuring from...
 I have both OSB Trench boots (Color 8, dainite) and several pairs of Wolverine 1Ks. The trench boot overall feels like a nicer boot than the 1Ks - the general level of finish is cleaner, the toe/vamp lining is more substantial, and the leather seems to be of a slightly heavier grade (although that could just be my imagination - they're both Horween Chromexcel). The Trench boots have a 360 degree welt, vs. the 270 degree welt of the 1Ks, which makes a big visual...
+1 to a rooftop patio. 
Pretty sure I can make it. Excite. 
Hah, ooops! They're size 12.
* Size 12 * Color 8 Horween Chromexcel outer * Calfskin lined vamp * Goodyear welt construction * Dainite rubber outsole * In their original box * Originally $462   These have been worn no more than twice per week for just over two months. Unfortunately, I've had to acknowledge that the slim toe profile is just too crowded for my big feet. They have some of the minor scuffs that any Chromexcel boot will pick up quickly.  Minor heel wear (see attached...
From the three-piece charcoal gray suit for an art opening last night, to this super-simple one-step-above-software-industry-baseline today. OCBD, raw denim, black silk knit, and a jacket that's a cross between a trucker and a field jacket.  Training my jeans and hoodie co-workers in alternatives has to be done in increments  (But just substitute the jacket and it's basically the same fit I posted with the green donegal SC last week).    Smokin' in the boys room.