or Connect

Posts by katabatic

While ordering a new summer suit today. Wearing Beckett & Robb, Conrad Wu, Vanda Fine Clothing, Taylor Stitch, Alden. Not seen - Kent Wang sunglasses. 
I purchased these Epaulet Rivet chinos in last year's winter "Ends for Friends" event. They're a 35 waist, with a finished 38"  inseam (much longer than my 30" natural inseam - I got them maximum length for adding cuffs, but have never altered them).    Never worn - they've just sat in my closet since, except for trying on. While they fit me well, I've found I prefer a much higher rise in general. Alas, if this fabric had been offered in the Walt...hopefully they can go...
 In my profile picture I'm wearing a pink & blue madras they had a couple of runs of two years ago (there was also a yellow-er variant). It's a fantastic fabric - I hope they bring it back.  http://propercloth.com/fabrics/pink-blue-red-madras-1209.html 
 You've clearly never been anywhere near the (software) tech sector. I'm amazed some of my colleagues even manage pants. 
 The challenge now - completely forget that I pre-ordered the shell alt wiens, so it's a wonderful surprise when I hear they've come in... I hear patience is a virtue, just not one of mine. 
X-post from the Friday herringbone challenge thread - my new brown suit in an Abraham Moon herringbone tweed. I originally received it in January, but the jacket had to be remade, so it arrived as the weather turned hot....and then suddenly not, so this was its first outing. I had it made as a three-piece, but it wasn't quite chilly enough for that on Friday. Bonus three-piece photo under the spoiler.  I also got the pseudo half-belted back option, which is one of my...
 I love this.
 Nor will I - I jumped on the pre-order. #8 with command sole, reverse welt, and an antique edge is my ideal make-up. I'd been looking for an LWB in that configuration, but with the Alt Wien being comparatively less common, it's even more interesting
Well, it dropped about 30 degrees in 2 days here in San Francisco, so I got to wear the new suit.    Suit, shirt, and braces by Beckett & Robb. Abraham Moon tweed (#18 in their Shetland book).  Kent Wang Chrysler building elevator pocket square.  Allen Edmonds "Fifth Street" boots I'm not being stalked by a professional photographer like Stitches seems to be, but here's my humble auto-timer effort.                 
I just took delivery of a gorgeous new mid-brown herringbone tweed suit --- and of course it's going to be 80 degrees in San Francisco today. If the temperature drops I'm in :)