or Connect

Posts by katabatic

I was at the same meetup, and I'll just say that I think there's a big difference between the try-on jackets (half canvassed and shoulder padded, which I didn't like much) and their unconstructed jackets, which I have three of now and am quite happy with. They've got a wider range of things showcased now, although I'd say it wouldn't hurt to expand the try-on fitting models to include other construction options. 
It doesn't seem like anyone's reading this thread anymore, but in case anyone is -- I just picked up a suit from B&R yesterday. It's a two-piece in Ariston's green donegal tweed. Unstructured, 2 patch pockets, a button stance lowered to what suits me, and their extra wide lapel.    The camera perspective foreshortening seems to make the trousers look skinnier than they really are.   
Yup - the chambray I picked is pretty light. I might try one in one of the heavy oxford cloths next.    BTW, @Seph I just want to compliment you on the Proper Cloth website - it's by far the easiest to use (and fastest!) of the MTM shirtmaker websites I've tried. Looking forward to the linen options in the future :)
I've got one with the soft ivy collar, in the Howard Street chambray. It's one of my favorite shirts, although I'd say that the collar is almost *too* soft. When the points are buttoned and the collar's open, worn without a tie, the beautiful roll of the collar tends to flatten a bit. Which, you know, should be expected from a collar with (I assume) no interlining. 
 I would be very, VERY happy to see some pure linen options! I've got 4 Proper Cloth shirts that I'm very happy with, but I don't as yet have any properly fitting linen shirts. And linen is pretty much all I want to wear in hot weather. 
Yeah, that's the kind of jacket I'd wear with either jeans or, more likely, 5-pocket corduroys. Which is mostly how I wear tailored jackets anyway (I work in an ultra-casual software startup environment). 
  Hmm, this BSN jacket is awfully tempting: http://www.yoox.com/us/41363429KO/item And I just placed an order a few days ago. Dammit :)
 I kinda view Yoox as a research library :D.  
 A 2-button navy suit by Lardini - http://www.yoox.com/us/49133633KR/item Very nice finishing, seemed like it was probably fully canvased, and with the 30% discount they were running was a steal at around $300. Unfortunately it ran big for an Italian 52. I could have had the sides and trousers taken in, but the shoulders were just too big for me.  I ended up keeping this jacket from Tombolini -- http://www.yoox.com/us/41385184HF/itemI started sizing up to a 44, but that...
 This. I ordered a sportcoat recently that I ended up keeping, but in the end I had to order 3 sizes and send back 2 (and sent back a beautiful suit that should have been my size, but was too big and was sadly the last of that model).  At the volume they process, I doubt they could realistically do anything like add actual measurements for each piece. But maybe if they made it easier to identify the actual manufacturers model number, one could find decent sizing info about...