or Connect

Posts by HarukiUeda

How the heck did this reach a grand on ebay? Am I missing something?   http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Yohji-Yamamoto-Black-Wool-Front-Tie-Coat-/350729649835?pt=US_CSA_WC_Outerwear&hash=item51a91dbeab&_uhb=1#ht_3055wt_1026   I was following this earlier because it was a YYPH mistagged as a womans so I though I could get a good price but when I asked about the "Signs of love: small rip in the tie" it turned out to be a half inch moth hole with a few more holes around it...so I left...
---
So here are the trousers. Waist 38cm, Thigh 36cm, Rise 40cm, Height 87cm, Leg opening 22cm. . The waist is very very tight on me (not wearable) so I am still looking for trousers. Is there any good new years sales in japan that may carry yyph at a steep discount? I know someone that is in japan and can possibly pick something up for me. Thanks for the help.
I'm back with another thrift item but this time it is an A.A.R. Yohji Yamamoto D'urban suit. From what I could google, this seems to be some sort of collaboration for an affordable line but I don't know much more than that; would anyone have more info? It seems to be one of his earliest collaborations. Unfortunately, this suit is tight on me (it is labeled as a Medium) and the sleeves seem short for a Yohji but the shoulders are slightly oversized and the trousers are...
Some unknown force of fate really wants me to collect Yohji's clothes because I thrifted another Yohji piece from a different thrift shop. This is a fantastic vintage shirt with impeccable stitching, interesting construction details, and large flawless MOP buttons. There is no size on this shirt and I could not see anywhere where a tag has been taken off so I am guessing this is a one-size shirt. It has a dropped shoulder seam and the arms are a tad long (1/2 inch) to...
I get the feeling I'm interupting some existential crisis but back to my coat, should I get a tailor to deal with the arm length? I doubt it can be taken in from the shoulder so I guess the only option would be to just chop off the cuff. Also, I'm just wearing an undershirt and jeans in the photos I took but what should I wear with this? I doubt I will find hakama pants in the the thrift store (mabye in the womens section but I'm to selfconscious to sift through it) but...
Hey. This is my first post here. I thrift a fair bit and I happen to come across a new Yohji coat for $40 at Salvation Army (The prices have recently inflated at all the thrift stores in my city) and after googling Yohji and finding this thread, I read all 200+ pages and decided to join. I love thrifting because it is a inexpensive way to own some fantastic quality (and brand name) clothing. It has also helped me to learn about fit and quality as I have tried on over 400...