or Connect

Posts by House

If it's rub off then it really is corrected and crap. It's just that so many people here refer to a finish as corrected grain which is incorrect. You could just as well say then that by applying shoe polish it's then corrected grain but that would be absurd. And btw, by finish I don't mean something that covers imperfections in the leather. Scotch or pebble grain can be natural on the more expensive shoes made from full grain skins. Suede too can be made from the inside...
The Trademark is Peal. Why would you care which factory they're made in?
If you go here they will give you the measurements of different brands   http://www1.bloomingdales.com/shop/mens/dress-shirts?id=17647   And btw, Bloomingsale's on 59th is a top store.   Don't confuse websites that have to reach a much wider clientelle, or outlets  or satellite stores in poorer areas with the real thing whether it's Bloomies, BB, Saks, NM etc
Made by whom? On SF they call anything bespoke and besides just because some really odd person wants Ascot Chang or Turnbull and Asser to make a shirt this way doesn't mean it's acceptable. Lift? people with broad shoulders would never need darts in shirts. The people on here who want darts are all ectomorphs with narrow shoulders who can't find a shirt to fit them. Besides, weight lifters with big muscles look like freaks.Arnold was the first guy to even partly make...
Don't know what you mean by brush off. Something like bookbinder on Churches is just a finish and is the same as the other finishes in price and is full grain calf. I don't know how it's made so ask them.Probably some wax imbedded in the finishing process so they stay shinier longer but if you just use paste not too often you can get them duller if you like.I do it with my Church bookbinder. Something like Frye is more of an antiqueing on the leather I believe and they...
Priority mail, large box up to 20lbs is a flat $60 delivery in 6-10 days
Those are like $700. And you don't know when it will actually be available.This one is similar http://www.neimanmarcus.com/p/Billy-Reid-Wool-Bowery-Coat-Martin-Shawl-Collar-Sweater-Moleskin-Jeans/prod150780060_cat41780773__/?icid=&searchType=EndecaDrivenCat&rte=%252Fcategory.service%253FitemId%253Dcat41780773%2526pageSize%253D30%2526No%253D0%2526refinements%253D&eItemId=prod150780060&cmCat=product   I prefer the single...
I guess if you showed like a tiny bit it wouldn't be too gauche but you never see cuffs when arms are by your sides. If you do it means the jacket sleeves are too short or the shirt is too long.Look at the sleeve length too. Too many inexperienced  boys are wearing sleeves that are too short today and it ruins the way the jacket hangs. Any movement will make it look like a mess...
Few actors are but they are dressed by wardrobe and advisors who know what they are doing.  When Connery first played Bond he was not used to wearing those bespoke suits and not comfortable in them so the director made him sleep in them to get comfortable (of course they were pressed by wardrobe the next day) Fleming didn't even like Connery as Bond and viewed him as an untutored working class lout.
You can also buy them at an AE store or on their siteso why go to some secondary seller where you don't know if it has been laying on a shelf for a year (that's like a used shoe) With AE stores and their website I have no idea why anyone would buy AE anywhere else. Seems kind of stupid to me.