or Connect

Posts by LonerMatt

[[SPOILER]]  39. The Water Knife Paolo Bacigalupi's 2009 book The Windup Girl remains one of the more interesting books released in the SF genre in the past 5 or so years, so it was with great anticipation that I picked up The Water Knife last week. The novel tells the story of a series of desperate characters eeking out an existence in the (now) water-starved South West US. Angel, a former gang-member now works for the woman in charge of securing Nevada's water - he is...
Ok guys, so I'm bumping this thread partially because I loved it when it was active, and partially because I want to talk about a writer who I really like, and a book he released recently. Prepare yourself for too many words.   Paolo Bacigalupi's 2009 book The Windup Girl remains one of the more interesting books released in the SF genre in the past 5 or so years (IMO), so it was with great anticipation that I picked up The Water Knife last week. The novel tells the story...
I haven't, but I will.
 This is what happens when you live half your life online bros.
I like the Vanda design - my issue with most repp ties is that they are a bit too garish (patterns and I aren't friends) - but I'd buy that tie - or something similar for sure.
Hey all,   As you know I take a lot of photos.   One of my photos has made its way to a competition - please vote for it here (http://www.streethunters.net/blog/2015/06/16/poll-monthly-theme-contest-june-2015/) - it's #10.   Vote once, vote twice, vote fifteen times. Get your Mum to vote, get your Dad to vote, whoever.   I'd like to win.   If you vote for me and let me know, I will personally send you an individualised thank you message.
Hey all,   As you know I take a lot of photos.   One of my photos has made its way to a competition - please vote for it here (http://www.streethunters.net/blog/2015/06/16/poll-monthly-theme-contest-june-2015/) - it's #10.   Vote once, vote twice, vote fifteen times. Get your Mum to vote, get your Dad to vote, whoever.   I'd like to win.   If you vote for me and let me know, I will personally send you an individualised thank you message.
Melbourne boys: I'm heading OS in 10 days where it'll be hot and humid.   I need some shorts - Uniqlo has them online, but not in store. Any ideas of places to check for generic, slightly above knee length shorts? Black and Navy are what I'm after. Cotton is preferable.   Or, on the other hand, if I'm a 30 in Uniqlo denim, what size am I in their shorts and will they get to my house in before Thursday next week?   It's not a big deal, worst case I hit up a Uniqlo in...
[[SPOILER]]  38. Schismatrix A cyberpunk classic I read to fill the gaps between other books. It contains some of my favourite passages in writing, but is also a deeply flawed novel. The changes that happen (and there are about a dozen) are all implied, and then discussed after the fact, yet more often than not this raises many more questions than it answers, and the reader is (I feel) never satisfied - so much occurs, yet little is explained. Nations, companies,...