or Connect

Posts by LonerMatt

Just some brown brogued oxfords. Couldn't tell you anything more specific than that, G.
OK, so my Mum bought me some Herring shoes for Christmas (she is a very organised person) and wanted me to try them on.   1. Wow, these are so solid, the construction really does feel to be superior and excellent - they are heavy soled, strong and a bit stiff. 2. Even she was impressed with the speed of delivery 3. I think I'd be pretty satisfied with Herring shoes for the rest of my life
+ large parts of the novel occurring in Australia, or during major events in Australia.
 It contains Australian expressions (cobber, mate, blackfella, as well as the nicknames of the various characters 'Darky', 'Rooster'), as well as Australian qualities (understated, dry, sardonic).
62. The Narrow Road to the Deep North   This will be a difficult review to write - as I know some people have this one lined up to read.   So, this novel covers pre, during and post war experiences of several men who were involved in the building of the Thai-Burmese railway during WW2 (and one or two women 'back home' as well). In a non-linear way, the perspective shifts from narrator to narrator with ease. What would fall apart in less skillful hands is here really...
[[SPOILER]]  62. The Narrow Road to the Deep North This will be a difficult review to write - as I know some people have this one lined up to read. So, this novel covers pre, during and post war experiences of several men who were involved in the building of the Thai-Burmese railway during WW2 (and one or two women 'back home' as well). In a non-linear way, the perspective shifts from narrator to narrator with ease. What would fall apart in less skillful hands is here...
 I'm always chill? If it's an attitude, what's the attitude?
That suit is so charcoal it's almost black.   <3
  Probably owns a vinyl, and probably has a bike. Fucking hipster. I don't know if I have a boat - I'm kind of just a nerd who likes loose clothing and concepts.
 Seems a bit beneath you/us, that's all. There are really so few of those people you described (full disclosure, I went to Melbourne Uni twice and the majority of my friends live in sharehouses in the Greater Brunswick and Fitzroy area and revel in the perceived slummyness of it all). It's like, people dislike hipsters because they are trendy but inauthentic (as far as I can tell), yet that description applies to so many people it's a bit silly and callous to only apply it...