Posts by LonerMatt

I currently work with the children of the bottom 1% of society. Anyone who complains about money pressures earning those figures has their heads so far up their own arses that they are feeding off their own shit.   Such a lack of perspective.   Silicon valley wankers are awful and the tech industry culture that permeates from there is disgusting and inhuman - that article, and the people in it - are symptomatic of the arrogant and self-serving bullshit that plagues...
Whoever recommended No Pong de-oderant is a mad bloke,
~flattered~   ^^
Pretty af
It was me! Thanks :)  [[SPOILER]]  10. The Pier Falls So the only Mark Haddon writing I'd read before this short story collection was The Curious Incident of the Dog in the NIght-time which was a slightly funny and off beat novel. Let's just say that Haddon is a versatile writer, as these stories bore little resemblance to the writing, content or humour in Curious Incident. That being said, they are great. Each story is substantially different from the one before it - some...
So close between the crane and the koi, if the koi hadn't have had the Osaka it would have had my vote. As it stands: crane.
[[SPOILER]]  9. Short Stories inspired by Laurinda Loads of stories written by teens in response to the book Laurinda, the author (Alice Pung) selected them based on voice. Some are ok, some are close to good, many are a bit basic. Unfortunately the content of the writing was quite boring - so many starting a new school for the first time stories. On the other hand this is a rare chance for average teenagers to actually get published in Australia telling very mundane...
That is a really, really good book and a great choice !
[[SPOILER]]  8. Laurinda What a great book. I don't know if the other Aussies have read anything by Alice Pung, but this novel broadly sticks within familar ground: coming of age as an Asian in suburban Melbourne. While not explicit, the references to Melbourne are pretty obvious (Sunray is the suburb, which is obviously Sunshine), etc. Anyway, the novel follows Linh who (unexpectedly) receives the first open equity scholarship to the prestigious Laurinda - a private girls...
 I'm busy Wednesday but free Friday next week, does that suit the four of us? Otherwise, let's default to Thursday and hope the elder fox is available.  As for location - somewhere near Kingston on the water, I don't know where's good or average, so looking to you fellas for advice.