or Connect

Posts by LonerMatt

Yes to both - they are both subjects at High School, but definitely play into Maths, History, any pastoral support, text analysis, etc.  
[[SPOILER]]  74. Tigerman This is a seriously odd book. On the Island of Manceru, a non-Commissioned Officer from England (Lester) is given what appears to be a relaxed and tranquil posting after a turbulent and difficult time in Afghanistan. His routine is fairly simple, he wakes up, has tea, talks to the islanders, and makes himself useful to the other powers on the Island. There is, it has to be said, a fairly interesting political situation - Britain and France both...
 I know several that incorporate parts of their engineering study and work into their classrooms. So, I would say 'yes' although I do not, personally. However, I do incorporate this concept: "The idiom "red herring" is used to refer to something that misleads or distracts from the relevant or important issue."
 I didn't compare your job to mine - you said to name another profession that had certain traits. That is what I did.    
 1. I'm not attempting to judge, or qualify your job, so whether I understand it or not has little to do with the discussion at hand 2. Teaching and being a teacher are very different things. Everyone teaches, but not everyone is a teacher.
I have!
 You seriously don't understand my job, but that's OK.
 Constructive and informative, thanks a lot for taking the time to participate.
Also: DR you champion - this is a PM I sent someone on the topic!   Ok, so here's basically the reasoning behind why 'follow your passion' is stupid advice. As always, I'd recommend checking out Cal Newport's work, mainly because he's much more eloquent and versed than I am.   Basically there are two main flaws for this reasoning:   1. It presupposes that a person HAS a passion that translates to a career. This is problematic because while most people have interests,...
 High School Teaching. <3