or Connect

Posts by LonerMatt

Mistborn series was epic.   Am I the only one to have given up on Gravity's Rainbow (not once, but twice!)?
Sounds rad, LJ, keep the travel stories coming.
66. Holy Fire   Bruce Sterling's novel, Holy Fire, is apparently an important part of the cyberpunnk genre. Yet, when reading it I'm not immediately sure why. The narrative concerns itself with Mia - an old woman whose life has been prolonged (as have most elderly people) almost indefinitely. She lives in a world that's stable and constant, but perhaps lifeless. After realising her lack of verve, she undergoes experimental treatment to recapture her youth and lives now...
[[SPOILER]]  66. Holy Fire Bruce Sterling's novel, Holy Fire, is apparently an important part of the cyberpunnk genre. Yet, when reading it I'm not immediately sure why. The narrative concerns itself with Mia - an old woman whose life has been prolonged (as have most elderly people) almost indefinitely. She lives in a world that's stable and constant, but perhaps lifeless. After realising her lack of verve, she undergoes experimental treatment to recapture her youth and...
Why someone would pay for an RX as just a simple PnS is beyond me - way more dollars than sense.    
Ugg boots.   Only choice.
 Fuji would be my pick.
 I've definitely noticed that, compared even to season 1/2, there's much less food. I remember really finding the Detroit episode fascinating, but there's obviously not a great deal of food in that episode, same with Congo. I'm not a big Bourdain fanboy, so I just treat it like a travel show and it works for me. I know a lot of people enjoy his acerbic and vitriolic rants, so I guess there is some magic gone, but I just revel in the visual spectacle.
What's the bottom one GT? Looks great.
 This was truly, truly excellent. I enjoyed nearly every part. The sleaze just oozes from every word.