or Connect

Posts by LonerMatt

[[SPOILER]]  35. This is How You Lose Her You know how there are certain books you return to every few years, despite the fact you know them backwards? Yeah, this is one of those for me. It's a series of short stories about love and loss. The writing is great, vivid, irreverent and joyous. The stories are a touch repetitious, but deliberately so. Equal parts cloyingly romantic and austerely harsh. Jump on it if you haven't.
 Definitely - his discoveries are as much a part of the narrative as the different aspects of the psychic army core he expands on.  [[SPOILER]]  34. Boxer Beetle This is a weird story that's simultaneously about a Fascist scientist and someone forced to retrace his steps decades after his death. It's an immature novel that didn't really excite me or grab me. The characters were a bit too over the top without the narrative to justify such a choice, the narrative itself...
Tonight: Web and video games   Tomorrow: Photo adventures Mates Camera store Chores   Sunday: Mt Macedon with Mum for more camera shenanigans Cook up a celriac and Italian Sausage soup
[[SPOILER]]  33. Men Who Stare at Goats A potentially true story of the US Army's foray in psychic warfare, the experiments culminating in many torture tactics used during Iraq. It's hard to know where fiction starts and ends in this book, and I guess that's kind of the point. Really enjoyed this.
Finally a future I understand
 I am not, nor have ever pretended to be, cultured or worldly. !!!
 I'm just really interested in maritime matters - endless fascination.
 Dude - Melbourne has awesome macaroons? Do you live in not-Melbourne?
 wut?
I really, really liked High Fidelity, and this. But nothing else of his has moved me.