or Connect

Posts by jamesphw

Harvie and Hudson does bespoke shirts for (if I remember correctly) about 200 -- not cheap at all. I'm sure you can find some cheaper if you do some searching.   You can buy OTR and they will charge about ~15-20 to shorten the sleeves. One inch is doable, but three would probably not be. It would definitely be cheaper, and you could ask them to shorten each sleeve by a different amount if needed.
I'd always say choose what's functional before choosing what's stylish. With that said, unless you are walking to work in the very worst of winter conditions, you don't need hunter boots in Toronto.
collar spread either too wide or narrow for the outfit
  I don't think you're going to get the Brioni suit close to your price range...
I walked into Tom's place a while back, enjoying a calm afternoon and looking for an outerwear coat. I left fumingly angry because of the sales staff hounding me incessantly. Seriously, it says something that they can ruin my mood on a nice fall day (*ahem* probably says something about both me and them...).   I don't know anything about Sydney's. Rego bespoke (Exchange Tower) is doing coppley MtM starting at $899, and according to them delivery times are about 6...
  Harris tweed cloth is by definition made in the UK.   OP, I suspect most jackets you find OTR will be made in China, including jackets sold in the UK. I have BB stuff that is labelled made in China, although I don't know about this particular jacket. I'm not sure what you have against China, but if you're so against buying something from there, go to a bespoke tailor and have them make you something in Harris tweed...
  Is it just the fact that you need to have enough overlap of material near the cuff? Buttonholes themselves don't need any extra material...
  I've seen Rego advertise $899 for their MtM suits, although that advertised price normally means you have to add $2-300 for a fabric you would want. Hearing what you said about quality, I'm now tempted to go to Rego for a MtM suit. Hmm.   Also, for MtM there is a dressmaker in North York (Chin Alterations & Tailor) that will order MtM from tailors in China and his prices are between $600-$1000, but I don't know what the quality is. He's about two doors down from Rosso's...
  The price point certainly suggests pretty low quality. It's inconsistent in my experience. I have some TM Lewin that feel and look like nice shirting fabrics, and look brand new after 15-20 wears. Others look terrible after only 3-4 wears. Overall, I will buy from them again. If you like double cuff, Harvie and Hudson OTR might fit you quite well (my only real complaint for H&H is the sleeves are too wide).   Regarding size, I am 40 chest and 33 waist, and slim fit TM...
Does anyone else think of the lapel size in terms of age?   They are both nice, but in my mind wide lapels fit men 40+, skinny lapels on men 25-35. I don't know why that's my image, but it is.