or Connect

Posts by sestyle

And how are these not sold yet?
Measurements are pretty unreliable, but I'll do what I can. Pay attention to my size range, what I listed was pretty accurate. Dave
Hey there. A few pairs to sell for closet cleaning time/wife threatening my life. My size is a 9.5D/E-10D US. I fit Allen Edmonds 9.5E/10D, Vass 43U/42.5F, Ferragamo 10D, Santoni 9.5D, EG 9UK/9.5US. I'll comment on size if it was large, or snug compared to my typical fit, but know your size/do your research. NO RETURNS. CONUS shipping included. Will ship anywhere for real shipping costs, with insurance and delivery confirmation. I have boxes/bags for some of these, if this...
Brooks Brothers Peal Brown suede bluchers. Size 9.5DUS. $150 $140 $130 USD (Paypal only). Made by Crockett & Jones. Excellent condition. Includes box and sleepers flannels. Trees NOT included. Paypal only. Price includes CONUS shipping. Will ship anywhere for real shipping costs, with insurance and delivery confirmation. EDIT: Added sole picture. Note: dark spot is from purchase sticker. Shoes are headed to EBAY, last chance!  
Carmina black Robert last quarter brogues in size UK 9, standard width. $375 $350 $300 USD (Paypal onl). They are MTO quarter brogues in the Robert last, which is a classically styled almond toe style. They were worn twice. See photos for condition, soles have been topied. Trees not included. Paypal only. Price includes CONUS shipping. Will ship anywhere for real shipping costs, with insurance and delivery confirmation. Shoes are headed to EBAY, last chance!  
Really nice Edward Green, Dover Suede in Mid Brown - 32 Last. $375 $350 $300 USD (Paypal only) Suede is velvety, great quality. See photos for condition. Well cared for, conditioned and brushed. Trees not included. Paypal only. Price includes CONUS shipping. Will ship anywhere for real shipping costs, with insurance and delivery confirmation. SHoes are headed to EBAY, last chance!      
I know jack sh1t about shoemaking, but I have horween from three different shoemakers. The leather is not the same. Not even close. Vass is especially different, more supple (and thin)
 Some of the recent dark brown from Vass has been very mottled, even more so than what I've seen from Lobb. It's hit or miss, as it's done by hand, and every piece is different. On another note, when I've ordered wallets in Museum, the artisan was receptive to picking a part of the hide with the most distinct mottling. I wonder if Vass would offer the same courtesy if one was to ask?
I think the only issue might be the dust which settled on the bloom over time, so the bloom darkens. Hopefully I can brush it out, and I'll give the hairdryer a shot as well. (Deerbone as a last resort)
Any suggestions for getting some bloom buildup out of whiskey cordovan? When new the shoes bloomed for 6 months or so, buffing/cleaning compulsively couldn't quite keep the bloom away. Reno as a cleaner/damp cloth can't quite get it out, was wondering if a deer bone might help? Given it's oily and it has the abrasive characteristic I was thinking it might be a good option for removing the residue from the leather surface. Cheers for any advice.