or Connect

Posts by sestyle

Didn't you order those in February?
I can make cordovan look this way, but the next wears will have lots of bloom for sure. Any suggestions? FYI I use reno every 25-30 wears, and polish once in a blue moon.
Why the sale?
Meant to post these a while ago:   Vass Budapest Blutcher, U Last, Dark Brown Museum, 43, Regular Width - Color is much more muted in normal conditions, but in diffused sunlight, the color really shines through. Very happy (: The museum leather is distinctly different than Llcea, and I have grown to appreciate it. Reminds me of Cleverley Bourbon.        
I'd like to see grey as well. I tried to get pictures of the grey leather prior to ordering my pair, but never got anywhere. Ended up with dark brown museum, should arrive next week (3 months wait now apparently).
Museum colors have been available, but from different suppliers, ie, bonaudo, hass, etc. llcea may be back this year but in the meantime it's unpredictable. I'm waiting for a pair of dark brown museum right now, who produced the leather is anyone's guess at this point.
I take 43 in u and rain, and have both in cordovan. The u last fits better and is much more comfortable. The carmina cordovan is also much thicker, and the sole is much stiffer. Could just be the particular hide/sole, but I'd go vass any day over carmina. Yes, more expensive but still. Quality of vass is pretty remarkable.
For that shade I'd cook up a mix of mid and light brown, with a dollop of congac. You might not need much mid brown at all. It is on the dark side of brown for sure, and the dark brown is nearly black.
 My 2 cents:I'm a 43 in U-last, and also a 43 in rain last. A 43 F-last is a little too big on my foot, and a 42.5 F-last is a pretty snug fit. I see where you're making the assumptions based on others' experiences with sizing, but in my experience, it depends on the shape of your foot. I also fit 43 in the simpson last, where others will have a 1/2 size difference between rain/simpson. I'd check the measurements on NMWA to help, but you're going to be making an educated...
As a reference, the above shoe is antique cognac cordovan from Vass.