or Connect

Posts by Stevey6404

Thanks for the quick reply Despos. Just had a look inside and it does seem she tapered it on the inseam.I felt around underneath the white cloth and it seems the original sleeve is still there - as if she just cut the sleeve, folded it in and sewed. I guess I still might have some luck with it?    
Hey guys!    Just wondering if anyone could quickly help me solve this small problem. Bought a new suit and the sleeves and cuffs were a little too wide for my liking so I had a tailor reduce the width using one of my better suit as guide. Realised after I came home that there's a lot of bunching around the places she cut/altered (even after steaming it). Just wondering if anyone could offer some advice as to how I can fix it and can it easily be fixed at a tailor? Is...
Hi!   I recently received this MTM suit from Black Lapel and just want your critique on it!   The following are what I've noticed but definitely want Styleforum's opinion:   --> Jacket length is short - I requested 27.5' but measured from bottom of jacket collar to hem and was approximately 25.5' - so definitely manufacturing problems. Is the way I used to measure the length correct? --> stomach area (waist) is extremely tapered. Can see from side and back...
Quick question: got a new MTM, everything is perfect, just that jacket waist is slightly too tapered. Is it possible to let out the waist of a pinstripe jacket? I'm asking as I was thinking if it would ruin the pattern of the vertical stripes where the materials will be added? (Unless that's not the method to let out a suit). Thanks in advance.
 Max of around $300. Looking for a long term good pair of shoes that I can wear in Boston during winter & back in Australia. Definitely in the US cause it's much cheaper. Everything are too damn expensive down here.
Hey guys!   Can you guys please recommend me some winter boots for Boston?   I'm an exchange student from Australia heading to Boston from January - June, and Sydney's winter is no where as cold (don't even snow) as Boston so I have no clue what kind of boots I'll need. Just looking for something that doesn't look ridiculous (like LL Bean - sorry supporters) and enable me to walk around comfortably as I'll be visiting places.   Any other tips to prepare me would be...
Hey guys!   Can you guys please recommend me some winter boots for Boston?   I'm an exchange student from Australia heading to Boston from January - June, and Sydney's winter is no where as cold (don't even snow) as Boston so I have no clue what kind of boots I'll need. Just looking for something that doesn't look ridiculous (like LL Bean - sorry supporters) and enable me to walk around comfortably as I'll be visiting places.   Any other tips to prepare me would be...
Thanks for the reply!I'm getting a remake and they suggested shaving 1" off my shoulder measurement to probably fix it but I think it's too much? Here's a complete view of my suit, please suggest other changes if you see fit.http://dl.dropbox.com/u/43752843/Photo%2030-10-12%206%2059%2039%20PM.jpg
Ordered a MTM suit from Black Lapel and there seems to be a collar gap that's extremely visible. I've included pictures compared to another one of my suit for comparison.   http://f.cl.ly/items/3o3k2K1q2O0v3B2f2g2Z/Collar%20Gap.jpg   Should I ask for a remake? Is it possible to bring it to the tailor and fix it inexpensively? And what measurements should I change if they do allow me for a remake.   Thanks in advance. 
If I get my suit waist taken in by 0.5-1 inches, would it make the suit hip width smaller (the bottom part of the suit)? Or does it depend on how the tailor cuts it?