or Connect

Posts by willsgillen

Some of you may recall my post from about 2 weeks ago regarding what appear to be wrinkles on the quarters f my brand new Dovers. I sent them to EG for a "refinish" and here is how they came back... What do you think? Some of the original pics:
 Sorry if anyone is tired of this, but I'd like to re-visit it as I've been in contact with my retailer as well as my local cobbler as someone earlier had suggested (I'll re-post a pic below for reminder).  My local cobbler felt the leather on the quarters and said that he believed it to be a problem with the way the leather was stretched over the heel and that in his experience it could result in cracking several years down the road.  My retailer told me they thought it...
 gonna need pics in the wild i think...
Thank you all for confirming and the assistance... I've emailed the retailer back, so we'll see how it goes.
If you refer to the pics I posted I think mine look a little more like wrinkles than cracks and I'm not sure I can rub that out. Sorry I should have referred to those too.
Re:this, I emailed EG and they were relatively unhelpful with their reply as follows:Regarding you recent shoe purchase, a certain amount of natural marking of the calf skins that we use should be expected, this does not affect the wear qualities of the shoes. How much is acceptable can differ from person to person. We suggest that you consider these points and if you are still unhappy you need to contact the retailer who should be happy to help you resolve the issue, this...
Hi all. I just received this new pair of Dovers and had some concerns I thought I'd run by you all... The first thing I noticed upon close inspection was these fine wrinkles on the rear quarters of the right shoe. I have similar wrinkles on an old pair of Santonis that have become quite noticeable as the shoes have aged. When I tried the shoes on for fit I noticed that the apron stitching on the toe of the right shoe seems to be somewhat askew. I've also noticed a similar...
Nice looking kicks. Which color shell is that?
Does anyone happen to have any pairs of wingtip derbies on the F last of which they have pics handy?  I don't feel like any of their photos on the "Collection" page do their shoes justice.  Thanks ahead of time!