or Connect

Posts by Stone

Slightly short, high gorge, very low button stance jacket. I need to get the sleeves shortened. What do you think of the fit? I like it - seems narrow without being tight or overly shaped - but I need a second opinion.
Any thoughts on putting a bevelled/fiddleback waist treatment on a boot like this - single sole? Imagining it in antiqued black calf.
I'm selling all of these shoes because they don't fit me. I spent a lot of money buying 10D/9.5E shoes before I figured out that I need to be wearing longer, narrower shoes. I think it cost me about $20 to ship shoes from a FedEx Kinkos store, insured and professionally packaged, so shipping will be $20 extra. Please PM me if you would like to see additional pictures or if you have any questions. Gaziano & Girling black leather captoe oxfords - 9.5E GG06 last. ...
Tom shipped my black Budapests on April 2nd (a Thursday), and they were delivered on April 6th (a Monday). Two business days - you can't get better than that, and it was easy to track the shipment online. The shoes look great (Budapests are much less bulky looking in person - the sole is substantial, but it doesn't jut out from the sides the way that it does on Aldens). They also seem to fit my weird feet well. Great value for the money, also.
Hi - I'm trying to lock down my fit in Vass shoes, hoping someone can help. I've had awful luck with the last few shoes that I've bought. I have a high instep and a wide foot, and I believe that the ball of my foot falls further forward than it should to fit well on a lot of lasts. The 9.5D in the Grant Last (cordovan boot) is uncomfortable, because there's a gap underneath the middle of my foot and my shoe - there's not enough support. The two G&Gs I've bought...
The goal is to split your body in half vertically with the waistline, isn't it? Wear it at whatever point leads to the most symmetry.
The quality of Purple Label is terrific - at the level of a Paul Stuart. Paul Stuart is in the same area, and it's less expensive - but at times the clothes aren't as interesting. Anyways, I won't wear anything with a logo - Lacoste, maybe, but that's about it. I'm kind of tired of that alligator too.
The Italians do a lot of clothing that could be "prep" style, I guess. That's basically what Etro is about.
Remember, if it's become a preppy cliche then it's not exactly prep anymore.  Brioni and Zanella aren't exactly "prep", either - too Italian. Anyways, Top-siders work.  Brooks Brothers hasn't been good in a long time.  You just have to know, really.  If you need someone to tell you what to wear, go to Paul Stuart in NYC or order whatever the Andover Shop is offering. Monogrammed blazer buttons overdo it a bit, IMO - they're like signet rings. Unless the monogram is...
Hilditch & Key shirts work the same way - a H&K shirt bought from Saks is much fuller than the same shirt that you get in England/mail-order. It's actually kind of a shame - 16" necks fit me in England, but in the US, they're way too full.