or Connect

Posts by Stone

Bison for the test shoes because Antonio had an impressive piece of dark brown bison in his showroom, and I thought the thick, grainy leather would help me gauge the feel of elephant. Elephant for the final pair because I thought it'd be awesome.The shoe trees are amazing and well worth the money.
Was being sarcastic - thought it was funny that some people were so interested in the value of the test shoes as a separate wearable pair, rather than as an aid to the fit of the Aurum shoes (you know, a "test" shoe). That said, I met with Antonio today, and ended up going for a pair of Aurum crust elephant chukkas - with the test chukkas in dark brown bison. I'm paying a (reasonable) up charge for both leathers. The level of finish on the "test shoes" is pretty...
Do you have to buy Aurum shoes in order to purchase test shoes? If not, then you could get the equivalent of five or six pairs of entry level Santoni shoes for the price of one pair of Aurum shoes. What a deal!
Tried a few different wines at a restaurant called Vinarium, in Naples. There was a ribolla gialla with a nice sweaty sock odor that seemed to perfectly match grilled bread and lardo collonata, a Gatorade salty Greco de tufo that matched an ocean-tasting seafood and marinara (very al dente) pasta, and a mediocre, fruity Barbaresco with a steak in a rich, acidic aglianico and Gorgonzola sauce. Finished with a grappa in barrique that tasted like alcoholic earl grey.
It looks like they may have removed the zipper from the chest pocket on new Arrow Jackets - that's too bad, I liked the zipper.
Dinner:
I've had a few bottles of the 2010 Masciarelli Montepulciano D'Abruzzo "Marina Cvetic" recently over the past month. Comes across as a hybrid between a big, concentrated grenache and a dusty, herbal, rustic Italian wine...like the wine equivalent of a fernet milkshake. Gordon's in Waltham MA is asking $20 for it, which is crazy good value IMO.
Hey, sorry - this got sold.