or Connect

Posts by Leonard Johnes

True, no one eats just a single piece of bread, but on average people are advised to have a 'balanced diet' which often has calories coming from the different macronutrients in a more or less equal ration i.e 40% protein, 30% carbs and 30% fats (this obviously depends on different individual metabolic types, but the ratio of proteins to carbs is not that high).   Another thing you can look at is typical meals in which you have way more rice in a plate than meat/sauce, or...
Thanks for that. Have had a quick read through. Have left it open so I can go through it more thoroughly.
  Hey Liquidus,   Proteins contain 4 calories per gram, carbohydrates 4 calories per gram and fats 9 calories per gram. So assuming a piece of bread with a grams worth of carbohydrate and a piece of meat with a grams worth of protein, they will both have the same amount of calories i.e 4 calories. However, going on BBSLM's update, 30% of the calories from the meat will be used up in metabolic processes compared to under 10% from the piece of bread.   coolarrow, a stone is...
  Hey BBSLM,   You're right, my explanation was poor. It was a 'rapid fire response' and I suppose I should have done a bit more refreshing/research before posting, but I felt it would be simple explanation and would get the point across.   Of course, bread has to be chewed and processed, but carbs are more easily broken down into glucose than proteins are into amino acids. I'll go out at a limb again, because it's years since I did biochemistry and I don't feel it...
When it comes to foods that burn belly fat, my understanding is that these type of foods force the body to work harder to process them thereby resulting in calories being burned.   A simple example is a slice of bread vs a piece of meat. It won't take you much to process the slice of bread, hence you don't use up much energy. The piece of meat on the other hand has to be chewed, the stomach has to churned it, it has to be broken down and each stage uses up a...