or Connect

Posts by Katzenjammer

No one can help me with this?
bump
Thanks so much.     Is this a difficult job for which I should seek out a superb tailor - or is it relatively easy and it doesn't matter much as long as he's competent?  
I own a thrifted sport jacket from the 1960s - it's a lovely hopsack. I haven't worn it much until lately. In the hot weather, the lining seems to impart its color to my shirts. Is this because it's old? Should I look into have it replaced?
Silverfox, that is a superb post.  Makes a great deal of sense to me.  Very well said sir.  
Thanks SartodiNapoli! Yes, I think that's true too. I was talking with a well-known clothing mavin here in NYC this past spring, and he was the one who told me that oxford weaves are cooler. And his explanation made sense: because of the weave it allows air to pass through more easily than poplin. Also, it doesn't stick to perspirating skin the way that poplin does (that last point IS true I believe) But it's one of those things that seems to be true theoretically,...
Anyone make use of these guys lately?  How is the quality?  Seems like they've really tried to revamp things.  
 This is correct.  I really wish this fad would go away.  It's almost painful to look at, lol.  
 Does anyone have an opinion on whether poplins or oxford shirting fabrics are cooler?  
I can find a great many sources for gorgeous wooden buttons, but they are not usually suitable for sports jackets because they don't have a smaller version of the same button for the sleeve.     Anyone know of a good online source for wooden buttons, one that has both the larger and the smaller size in the same style?     Thanks!