or Connect

Posts by brew

After three months of wear with my New Standards, I've determined I need to look for a different brand or cut of jeans. The thighs are a very ideal fit, but there is an excessive amount of fabric in the seat that billows/puffs out while standing; makes my ass look disproportionately large. I can't size down because the thighs will be too tight then. The jeans are 32, I'm a 32 waist.   If anyone has experienced something similar, would you recommend me a brand/cut that...
 I found a henley like this guy describes. The brand is LNA Clothing. Their henley's are the perfect cut; they're trim with a low-hanging, loose neckline and pronounced V. The LNA henley's are made from a 100% cotton, nearly paper-thin fabric, which is perfect, however they're a rip-off at $70 each. These shirts have unfortunately been publicized as being worn by numerous celebrities, which only further justifies and solidifies the high price tag to both LNA and the people...
Anyone own or have details on these Herring George boots, which are made by Loake? http://www.herringshoes.co.uk/product-info.php?&brandid=6&shoeid=7482   From what I've read, Loake's are a fair value for the quality, but some models are made with poor materials/construction - are the George boots any good?
If you owned one suit, and you wanted it to be as versatile as possible, would you cuff the pants?
As I understand it, taking for example a UK 10 and a UK 10.5, they are both the same length, however the 10.5 is a little wider, correct me if I'm wrong. Then, there's the 'fitting' value, which is also an indicator of width, the Chepstow and Stow being available only in fitting 5, unless you special order. I've worn the Chepstows for about four days and the Stows for almost a month. EDIT: I now understand what you've said, and realize I have mistakenly thought the '10.5'...
I've had them less than a week now. I'll see what Pediwear can do for me too, thanks.
I'm having some sizing issues here. I'd really appreciate help.   I've been wearing the Stows in UK 10 with thick boot socks for a while now, and they've been comfortable until recently. I think I should have gone for the wider 10.5, because I'm getting some pain at the outer edges of my foot after several hours of wear; they seem narrow to me now.   I'm also having trouble with the Chepstow (their jodhpur) model. I was advised to stay size UK 10 because I'll be...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/331204668593?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649   New size 9.5 UK black Trickers Stow boots
I'm a student doing part time clerical work at a library - dress code is "dark jeans or khakis with a shirt and tie." Without a jacket, this is inappropriate to me, but I'd still like to look as decent as I possibly can, within the dress code limits - worsted trousers might be okay, but I'm doing a bit of kneeling/bending/lifting and I think some type of cotton trouser would prove more durable over time. Specifically, would you prefer certain fabrics, colors, or patterns...
I am unfortunately required to wear a tie without a jacket for my job; what combinations of fabric/color/pattern (for everything - tie, trousers, shirt)  would help this get-up look least foolish?