or Connect

Posts by westling

Sky Valet Shoes in Washington, DC, has just received a few Di Bianco styles. I think they arrived about a week ago. Here's Sky Valet's Di Bianco page. Absolutely gorgeous.
 I mentioned this today to Hetom at Sky Valet Shoes. He suggested 10.5E UK for the Brecon  and 11E UK for the Harlech.
I noticed that Sky Valet Shoes of Washington, DC, has their old (and soon to be defunct) web address listed in the first post on this thread. The new site is here: http://skyvaletshoes.com.     If you're in the DC area, I highly recommend a visit. They currently stock Crockett & Jones, Carmina, Alden, Rancourt, and a few others. You can also find some of the stock they're phasing out on sale, including Edward Green and Yanko. (Not many models and sizes left but worth...
 I just spoke with Hetom, the owner of Sky Valet, and he guessed (with emphasis on "guess") you might be a 10G for the 341 last. He said that the 341 is much narrower and sleeker than the 325. Also, also the 341 doesn't come in E, only C and G (with G being the equivalent of a U.S. EE). Hope this helps.
 I just checked with the owner -- it's not in stock but could be ordered, price would be $550.
Sky Valet Shoes (Washington, DC) has a new web site: http://skyvaletshoes.com   The owner of Sky Valet is extremely knowledgeable. I'm trying to coax him into making some YouTube videos on shoe selection, fitting, care, etc.
 Which UK stores have better prices? I've looked at a few and the prices are comparable to those at Sky Valet Shoes (which also offers free shipping in the U.S.). Here's their Crockett & Jones product page. Full disclosure: I recently helped Sky Valet set up their new web site. There are a few C&J models that aren't shown yet on the site (e.g., Cottesmore, Coniston)  because I haven't gotten around to adding them. If anyone's interested in a model not shown, please let me...
  FYI, the markings suggest it was made by Cheaney. (See very similar markings in this thread.) Also -- and this might just be me, or the particular last used for my old pair of Cheaneys -- they feel smaller than the same size in Allen Edmonds. I'm very comfortable in an AE 9.5D but a Cheaney 9.5D felt a little cramped both in length and around the toes. Hope this is useful.
  Thanks, that's interesting. I've never seen them on casual jackets or coats before and was surprised to see them this time. But now that you mention it, maybe I've never seen them because I never looked that closely.
Had a pretty good day. And a pretty good yesterday, too.   At lunch I popped into the thrift store down the block and found these. From left to right: John Varvatos made in Italy; unknown made in France (see teaser for the tag; any ideas would be welcomed!); Atelson Collection super 130s (anyone know this brand?); and my very first Zanella unicorn. All of these are about an inch too small in the waist for me; thus, they strengthen my resolve to drop more poundage. In...