or Connect

Posts by Tidybeard

Quote: Originally Posted by Mark from Plano It's hard fucking work being a parent. Don't let anyone tell you different. Agree entirely. I have two and have never hit them (and never will) because: 1) I do not want them to fear physical violence from me, for any reason. I am their protector and they will always be safe with me. They will (and do) learn lessons about the real world at the appropriate times in their lives, and will have the...
^^^I politely disagree. Trickers are the ultimate country boots, IMO.
Quote: Originally Posted by fritzl cheap shoes crease differently. you might irritate this. it's obvious, that you are clueless about leather and shoes in general. but there's hope, you'll grow into it and i do not listen to people with a low post count(sf rule of thumb) I trust this was sarcastic?
Quote: Originally Posted by Aus_MD The use of 'factory' as a place for munufacture predates te use of 'manufactory' as a place of manufacture. It should also not be missed that the words "munufacture" and "te" are so futuristic as to have not yet been invented (at least in English), which is impressive. If you're going to be a pedant...... May I just take this opportunity to thank whoever rated my thread one star? It's my first star and...
Quote: Originally Posted by apropos By hand? Or with a machine? Surprised you have to ask - by His right hand.
Quote: Originally Posted by Burton This is the most inane and useless thread I have ever seen. You're probably right (although let me be clear that I cannot, am not, and will never claim to know all the threads that you, or anyone else, have ever seen. Thread-seeing is also not my profession so I don't have a legitimate perspective on it). I therefore add to the crescendo of apologies, in my case for starting the thread - I should have known...
Quote: Originally Posted by Philip1978 Did you find out who the guy was? Wasn't my post, but Ascot Shoes did somehow manage to end up with just about every pair of shoes from the November John Lobb sale at vastly inflated prices, so I could hazard a guess......
Quote: Originally Posted by DWFII Maybe I can summarize.... Hand lasting can address issues of uneven temper and/or stretch, which, in the normal course of things, machine lasting cannot. Hand lasting brings an awareness of position and tensions and balance to a shoe that machine lasting ordinarily does not. An inside cone last (generally accepted as better fitting than a straight-cone last) can be hand lasted much more easily and accurately...
Just read the entire thread, thanks for all the responses. Quote: Originally Posted by Tidybeard Any particular advantage to hand lasting over machine lasting? Er, do we have any suggestions?