or Connect

Posts by Tidybeard

Quote: Originally Posted by StephenHero A sport played in country inhabited by 20 million white people just can't compete with the physical talent of the NFL. It's laughable even thinking about it. You're more or less comparing the populations of Colorado, Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Iowa against all 50 U.S. states with roughly 40 million blacks, a far more athletic gene pool. Outback Jack would get his shit packed. It doesn't matter how tough he...
Quote: Originally Posted by Words There is no Maker's Mark anywhere This is your problem - every challenge is more easily resolved with a fine bourbon or two in you. Welcome to Styleforum and thanks for your polite enquiry. I'm afraid I don't know who made your case - have you looked at the receipt?
^^^That is absolutely ridiculous. I don't know you, but you have my sympathies. Some people are just nuts.
Quote: Originally Posted by Douglas Maybe my perceptions are wrong, but it seems that spanking, over the course of about 1, maybe 2 generations, has gone from a time-honored tactic of child-rearing, accepted across virtually every culture around the world, to an act of heinous barbarism. I find that interesting. Indeed, but we've largely removed a few other things in the last couple of generations too. Racism and indoor smoking spring to...
So we're in two camps then. Camp one is the civilised human beings, camp two is the knuckle-dragging neanderthals. I'll leave the casual reader to work out which is which.
Quote: Originally Posted by dah328 Arguments like #1 and #2 above hold no water. Yes, spanking is violent in the strict sense that it involves force, but children have no trouble distinguishing a spanking delivered by a parent to a child from malicious violence. Consider another form a parental-inflicted "violence" (that you will hopefully never have to experience) -- a child falls and cuts himself seriously enough that stitches are required. The...
Quote: Originally Posted by Mark from Plano It's hard fucking work being a parent. Don't let anyone tell you different. Agree entirely. I have two and have never hit them (and never will) because: 1) I do not want them to fear physical violence from me, for any reason. I am their protector and they will always be safe with me. They will (and do) learn lessons about the real world at the appropriate times in their lives, and will have the...
^^^I politely disagree. Trickers are the ultimate country boots, IMO.
Quote: Originally Posted by fritzl cheap shoes crease differently. you might irritate this. it's obvious, that you are clueless about leather and shoes in general. but there's hope, you'll grow into it and i do not listen to people with a low post count(sf rule of thumb) I trust this was sarcastic?