or Connect

Posts by Tidybeard

Quote: Originally Posted by Mr. Moo Eh, it's not a need any more. Now I'm just curious. Ah. Here was I thinking you spotted it here http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=197868, quickly PM'd the seller for label pics, posted them in this thread to see if the seller had undervalued the jacket before committing and then decided to buy it anyway on the off chance. My interest? I was waiting for you to start threatening bleachboy if it...
Out of interest, why do you need to know quickly?
I have Trickers Wetherby (similar to Malton but no brogueing) and they are fantastic. Commando sole and built to an industrial spec - very comfortable too. I honestly think Trickers make the best country boots, bar none. For when it's really cold (which isn't that often here) I have a pair of Filson Highlander boots, made in the USA and wool lined. Very warm and very tough. For lighter weather I heartily recommend the RM Williams Yard or Gammon boots. I have both and...
Gents, I hadn't intended to "put down" Mr Glaser or his family in any way, apologies if offence was caused. I'm in the UK so it's a lot easier for me to get my hands on the UK brands and I like to support my local industry and workforce, just as you do. I have nothing against Glaser Designs and I'm sure they are wonderful bags, it's just that I don't personally like any external logos. YMMV.
Quote: Originally Posted by suited This is helpful. I was debating between the 5" and 6" deal bag. The internal logo isn't a huge deal, but I'd prefer the external logo not be front and center, because I feel like it pulls away from the bag's look. As far as the interior, I really liked the inside of this SAB. While this bag was probably twice the cost of the Glaser, I think it's a little more appealing - but may not hold up as well as the material...
Quote: Originally Posted by kwilkinson FTFY Bruh kwilkinson, what is the origin of your signature please? It looks intriguing but a search just pulls up all your posts with your sig.......
Quote: Originally Posted by Joenobody0 That ploy only works if the bag isn't actually deerskin. Indeed. And I would't actually know either way - I'll just be buying it to impress my internet friends. I'd be lying if I said I'm not looking forward to beating up an elderly woman to get my money back, though.
Authentic deerskin bag. I would get most of my money back shortly afterwards, though. And keep the bag.
Is there any other coat style than the raincoat? Can you lot not just set up your own sub forum rather than bringing raincoat crap up on a daily basis? Am I the only one around here that's sick to death of hourly "which raincoat" threads popping up? ^^^Good advice paraphrased from poster number 3 on this thread: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=196727 In slightly less aggressive news, the search function is quite useful. Personally I use an Aquascutum...
Quote: Originally Posted by fwiffo Although there are many paths from sleeping your way to the top, having the executive team's jet go down and you being the sole survivor, here are my humble two cents (in no particular order): 1. Network. All power in an organization rests with individuals; your peers, your boss, your boss' boss, etc. Most of your colleagues are divided into two camps - those who want to get ahead and those who are in support and...